zelensis61
16 years ago
To all who want to know...

I can confirm now that the rosenstiel special from California arrived in Europe :shock: Belgium

The car arrived past week and the new owner :?: is very happy with the car.
I know it is not a Real HEB but I can live with that. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
It looks even better in real as on the picts.
It is possible that it will be seen sometimes on meetings In Europe from now on.
I can not wait to drive it ... :wink: but not today as it rains now ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Greetings. Peter

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
16 years ago
Cool! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Look forward to seeing it!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Cool! I remember following the build up of this on Oldbug. It looks more accurate than certain other Heb "replicas" I've seen.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
zelensis
16 years ago
Nice car Peter ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Can't wait to see it ๐Ÿ˜Ž ,
feel it ๐Ÿ˜ฎ,
smell it :lol:
and drive it :twisted:
heb623
15 years ago
Can somebody tell me what this car has to do with a coachbuilt Volkswagen? :shock:
As Hebmuller owner I am trying to rebuild my Heb in the most original way and I know that this is the goal of most Hebmuller owners!!
Ofcourse everybody is allowed to show and to be proud of his/her car but to show that Rosenstiel on the coach build forum? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Don't know!! Anybody else does?

:twisted: ET
I โ€™ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
pre67vw
15 years ago

Can somebody tell me what this car has to do with a coach build Volkswagen? :shock:
As Hebmuller owner I am trying to rebuild my Heb in the most original way and I know that this is the goal of most Hebmuller owners!!
Ofcourse everybody is allowed to show and to be proud of his/her car but to show that Rosenstiel on the coach build forum? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

"heb623" wrote:

ET, you're being mean again :twisted: Strictly speaking, a Hebmuller isn't really a coachbuilt car. Maybe I should create a new section just for Hebmullers and Rosenstiels? :roll:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Can somebody tell me what this car has to do with a coach build Volkswagen? :shock:

"heb623" wrote:

It is a funny issue I think. This car looks exceptionally good to me? ( But I admit I know nothing about Hebs!) I think it is the subdued colour maybe.

But I do understand what you mean ET because there is the same but a bigger issue in the 356/speedster/550 kitcars.
A new 356 Registry forum (USA) has just started for the first time in the clubs history, and quite rightly given the fact that they are the worlds most factual and definitive club on early Porsche, most of the people do not want any replica/kitcar discussion on there or kits in their concours show lineups.
Because as you say a 356 replica on a vw floorpan/engine and a genuine speedster have absolutely ZERO in common with each other!
I do agree with this regarding Porsches. No fibreglass kit will ever become a real Porsche however hard it wants to be....just like Pinocchio :wink: :lol:

But maybe with the Heb replica's there are so many more identical vw parts used so this makes them a little different? Yes? No?

At the same time I know if someone starts knocking out preA fibreglass kits and then trys to park next to us at a Porsche show they can bugger off! :twisted: :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
15 years ago
In a similar way, (though not regarding coachbuilt) I would not park my camo split in a genuine military vw lineup, but I would park it with general split beetles as that is what it is and will always be :wink: ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
pre67vw
15 years ago
I agree 100%, this car isn't a Heb and shouldn't be displayed with them. This car is different from most replica's though, in that it's not trying to pass itself off as an accurate replica - it has its own identity - it's the 'Rosenstiel Roadster'
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Yes I think it is very pretty too, I like the wheels a lot! :D

But I am confused now, Although I realise that it is certainly no fibreglass 'Wizard', I thought it was a 64 scrap beetle made into a Heb in USA a few years ago? so does'nt that make it just a very well done 'custom'? Was'nt it first built as a custom? and more recently given a 'stock look' makeover?
I dont know anything about the car.
Out of interest where did the name Rosenstiel come from and why?
pre67vw
15 years ago

Yes I think it is very pretty too, I like the wheels a lot! :D

But I am confused now, Although I realise that it is certainly no fibreglass 'Wizard', I thought it was a 64 scrap beetle made into a Heb in USA a few years ago? so does'nt that make it just a very well done 'custom'? Was'nt it first built as a custom? and more recently given a 'stock look' makeover?
I dont know anything about the car.
Out of interest where did the name Rosenstiel come from and why?

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Rosenstiel comes from the name of the guy that did the metalwork (Mr Dave Rosenstiel). I guess it is a 'custom' even if it has a stock flavour. I'll lock the thread and lets never mention it ever again :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago

I'll lock the thread and lets never mention it ever again :wink:

"pre67vw" wrote:

NO dont do that! :lol: ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
heb623
15 years ago

pre67 I'll lock the thread and lets never mention it ever again

When you ask me this is the best thing you ever did! :lol: :lol: :lol:

48REME
15 years ago
It seems like a nicely made coachbuilt car just like the coachbuilt cars of the 50s and 60s. There was a similar one called a 'Maier' in the mid-50s, I think, which looked a lot like a Hebmรผller. I'm sure if that turned up (if it hasn't already, Rob?), no one would dismiss it as a Heb-repro.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Since when is a Hebmรผller "not strictly speaking a coachbuilt"?! Its a VW with a body constructed by an outside company, like a Karmann, Dannenhaur and Stauss, and so on, so its a coachbuilt by any definition I ever heard. How do you define coachbuilt??

If I was being nit-picky, I'd say the Rosenstiel isn't a coachbuilt, but a one off - but really - who gives a toss? So is the Stoll coupe and I don't see anyone having a moan about that. Or is the Stoll merely a "Custom" job, and therefore unworthy of this forum? This is a cool car in its own right, and its not trying to pass itself off as anything it isn't. If it had only been built back in the fifties, you'd be all over it.

I'd rather you change the name of this section to "Special bodied cars" than stop us discussing stuff like this.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
usariemen
15 years ago

Can somebody tell me what this car has to do with a coachbuilt Volkswagen? :shock:

"heb623" wrote:

At first, I would prefer a real Heb before any other car.
BUT, this Rosenstiel is even more a coachbuild to me than a Heb is.
It is a custom one of, just like the Stoll for example. Some decades in between but a similar thing. Compared to that a Heb is a mass product.
Master of my domaine.
six-o-one
15 years ago
A question for Rob:

To fit into the Criteria of a "pre'67 VW Coachbuilt car" and be allowed in this section of the forum, does it need to have been based on a pre'67 VW or been built before '67?

:wink:
overrestored
15 years ago
Technically... I think a coachbuilt car is a vehicle constructed around a wooden frame. either covered in cloth, aluminum or steel. Coaches were the high end wagons pulled by horses to carry passengers... and were built in this manner... thus cars built in this same manner are Coachbuilts.

Not absolutely certain on this... but that is the origin of the term
protect me from what I want
heb623
15 years ago
So the Rosenstiel is a coachbuilt!
You take a piece here and a piece there you weld them together put an engine in it and drive.
The "coachbuilt" is born! Don't think so! A Custom car is born you mean!
When Hebmuller and Karmann started their production of their 2+2 and 4 seater cabriolets it was under lincense of the Volkswagen factory! :shock:
And they were the only two outside company's who were allowed to do so!
When they started to make their products they had to start from zero! The cars were only there on paper and nothing more!
Dannenhauer & Stauss, Rometsch, Papler, Denzel and so on had to start from zero too but they only build their "coachbuilts" on a chassis made by Volkswagen! (yes yes and they used some other parts too!)
Alll the cars built now are copy's of already excisting cars some nice and other not so nice!

:twisted: ET (has spoken and will not speak no more about this :!: )