Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JULIANROBINSON  
#1 Posted : 30 April 2013 09:06:26(UTC)
JULIANROBINSON

Medals: Volksworld Elite: For getting your pre '67 VW featured in Volksworld Magazine

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I Visited a Scrap yard last week in the sunshine, I hadnt been there for 15 or 20 years.

When I was a boy, the place was full of split and oval bugs...

Last time I visited they had a mountain of scrap in the middle of the yard, where they had just pushed everything into a pile.. ThumbDown

I thought it had all gone...

But there is still some cool stuff, particuarly lorry stuff...

Here is a link to some snaps I took last week with my phone..

http://www.facebook.com/...9221366122602&type=1

You can look at the pics without joining facebook!

UserPostedImage
Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
Offline aerosilver  
#2 Posted : 30 April 2013 11:42:00(UTC)
aerosilver

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Cool pics ThumpUp Is that Langley? They were never keen letting me wander around just looking.Smile
Russ.
Offline Mike Peckham  
#3 Posted : 30 April 2013 12:07:19(UTC)
Mike Peckham

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Does anyone remember the car breakers at Adversane in West Sussex? I’m not sure if this is the one now trading as Charles Muddle Scrap Metal? It was a very extensive yard that had been established, probably in the 40s or 50s. I think the story was that it had stopped operating in the 60s and when the site changed hands in the 80s the new owner began trading from another part of the land. The original scrap yard had by then become completely overgrown and the vehicles in it were pretty much covered in undergrowth. It was great looking around it as you had to really dig though the brambles to see what was there. Some of the stuff was really old - a lot of it was pre-war.

Sadly, I only ever came across one VW – a barn door bus that was really just a shell, it had obviously been completely stripped when the yard was first operating.

Great pics by the way, Julian.

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Offline Rattletrap  
#4 Posted : 02 May 2013 18:31:17(UTC)
Rattletrap

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Love the old Foden (main pic). Curves are not too unlike that of the back view of a split window Beetle.Beer
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet OhMyGodmg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of VolkswagensBeer Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
BigGrin
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378
Offline karlito  
#5 Posted : 09 May 2013 18:30:21(UTC)
karlito

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mike Peckham wrote:
Does anyone remember the car breakers at Adversane in West Sussex? I’m not sure if this is the one now trading as Charles Muddle Scrap Metal? It was a very extensive yard that had been established, probably in the 40s or 50s. I think the story was that it had stopped operating in the 60s and when the site changed hands in the 80s the new owner began trading from another part of the land. The original scrap yard had by then become completely overgrown and the vehicles in it were pretty much covered in undergrowth. It was great looking around it as you had to really dig though the brambles to see what was there. Some of the stuff was really old - a lot of it was pre-war.

Sadly, I only ever came across one VW – a barn door bus that was really just a shell, it had obviously been completely stripped when the yard was first operating.

Great pics by the way, Julian.

Mike

I bought a lot of cars from Adversane, still got a 64 woody mini traveller from there in the corner of my yard!