Dakota
  • Dakota
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi All
I know its a hoary old subject but I have been trying to decide a solution for my rotten heater channels on my long stalled '62 Beetle, I hate the pattern ones and I know I could modify them, I even considered fitting Hookey bottom plates to some once they were de-humped, a friend suggested repairing the existing ones but there is precious little left of them, I came very close to buying the original pair Karmann Konnection had but the day I was going there it started snowing heavily so I turned back, this was last year by the way. Like most I look at the American sites with some jealousy and have tried to buy sectioned ones from a few places over there with little success as either the vendor doesn't accept payment in a straight forward way or does not want to get involved with shipping awkward bits of metal, however recently I spotted a nice pair of original chopped out heater channels for little money not far from a friends sisters house in Beverly Hills and the guy was helpful and took Paypal so now I have a pair of sixties heater channels for under a hundred quid, the downside is they are still in the states but my friend is over there in March and has said he will try to bring them back as excess baggage or will at least package them up for shipping,so now I just need to organise Karmann Konnection to have a pair of their super duper original style grey floorpans in stock at the same time I have the money to buy them, easier said than done, I am still looking for rear wings, and a good bonnet, oh and some bumpers...

UserPostedImage
and does it have rust, does it ever.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
13 years ago

and does it have rust, does it ever.

Dakota wrote:

^^^ got to be a UK car! :wink:

You won't go wrong with the grey WW pans, they're great.

fpr936e
13 years ago
Good choice not going for the repro channels

Mat