69project
12 years ago
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

id like this but cant so thought id give anyone else a chance....

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OVAL-WINDOW-BEETLE-1955-RHD-GARAGE-FIND-/180660919005?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a103adadd 

Si

69project wrote:

Looks like it's sold Si. How much was it up for?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
12 years ago
£2k ish I think.
William
topolino
12 years ago
looks like its ended early, the price was £5,500,would not consider offers lower than £5,000 or so his ad said.
69project
12 years ago
considering the state of the 3k oval at stanford ydy and the other few that are on vzi at the moment 5k for a complete car doesnt seem to bad?

although id prefer it to be 2k as mentioned...maybe i could have told my hormonal wife that?

unfortunately she is fully aware of all vw prices!
Car less.....
64rotbox
12 years ago

considering the state of the 3k oval at stanford ydy

69project wrote:

That was almost hilarious. Almost. But I can't remember the last time I saw anything in the for sale section at a VW show that wasn't ludicrously overpriced (...apart from a certain 1953 Oval which now resides in Mr. Caledfryn's garage).
You can call me Al.
Caledfryn
12 years ago

(...apart from a certain 1953 Oval which now resides in Mr. Caledfryn's garage).

64rotbox wrote:

'Sheila' is a '54!

Saw that '55 last night and thought that would have been ideal for you Mr Rotbox. Flog the grey elephant in the garden and you'd have had the cash to have moved on that. Hint hint!
Si Med
12 years ago

considering the state of the 3k oval at stanford!

69project wrote:

That was ridiculous!
54 UK rhd
Mike Peckham
12 years ago

considering the state of the 3k oval at stanford

69project wrote:

That was incredible, Rich and I were looing over it trying to work out how much it might be worth as the sum of it's parts, couldn't even get beyond the low hundreds.

I guess it'll just go unsold though and the price will eventually have to come down. Can't quite see why anyone would want to buy it at any price though, there didn't even seem to be any properly saveable, original panels!

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
64rotbox
12 years ago
Good to know I wasn't the only person who thought there were at least one too many zeros on the price of that white thing.

'Sheila' is a '54!

Caledfryn wrote:

I'm having enough trouble with basic words after yesterday's fry-up, never mind numbers and years and stuff. You should start a Friendster page for Art Carbunkle.

Saw that '55 last night and thought that would have been ideal for you Mr Rotbox. Flog the grey elephant in the garden and you'd have had the cash to have moved on that. Hint hint!

Which elephant is that? I don't own anything grey. You do, though... speaking of which, the Gwynster says you need to go up there for a serious chat about it.
You can call me Al.
GKL 7
12 years ago

'Sheila' is a '54!

Caledfryn wrote:

Are those rear indicators from a Cadillac?

:wink:
Caledfryn
12 years ago

Are those rear indicators from a Cadillac?

'50 Karmann wrote:

Sod off George!! Ben has a lot to answer for! :d

Anyway... they add character and the more Ben moans about them the more stubborn I get about leaving them on! Lol:p
mrsherbie
12 years ago

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OVAL-WINDOW-BEETLE-1955-RHD-GARAGE-FIND-/180660919005?

69project wrote:

I guess it must have been strato silver originally? painted gulf or similar in the 80s? I would rather stay lhd and get og paint & headliner instead. But this is another one of those 'me not appreciating the it is a uk rhd' things isnt it? :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
topolino
12 years ago
there is a coral red oval on ebay now just under £6,000
69project
12 years ago

there is a coral red oval on ebay now just under £6,000

topolino wrote:

this is nice but not og paint and not an original engine so i think its not something id consider

maybe to slam it though...:rofl:

on other subject...

did wonder what those odd rear lights on car at stanford were though!
Car less.....
mrsherbie
12 years ago

this is nice but not og paint and not an original engine so i think its not something id consider

did wonder what those odd rear lights on car at stanford were though!

69project wrote:

coral on ebay 

I love coral, and could possibly live with those later wings for a solid car.
You know what, a HUGE improvement for this oval would be the investment in a complete beige dot B Newbury/L Copp (or similar top trimmer) cloth interior to replace the 60's one.

Your car(avatar) is so super, you are in a similar boat as us, the only car that I would want over mine would be either an even better og paint car or a sunroof car in the same condition :lol:

What rear lights? (we didnt go)

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
12 years ago

mrsherbie wrote:

There's being safe and there's being safe.(All Ben's fault this Martin:wink: )
 rsz_dsc01071.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
69project
12 years ago

coral on ebay 

I love coral, and could possibly live with those later wings for a solid car.
You know what, a HUGE improvement for this oval would be the investment in a complete beige dot B Newbury/L Copp (or similar top trimmer) cloth interior to replace the 60's one.

Your car(avatar) is so super, you are in a similar boat as us, the only car that I would want over mine would be either an even better og paint car or a sunroof car in the same condition :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

havent updated my avatar for a while,its now owned by a.n.other who we all know well...:wink:
Car less.....
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Your car(avatar) is so super, you are in a similar boat as

mrsherbie wrote:

Yours is lowered and on 'Earlies' too:omg: .
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378