64rotbox
15 years ago
I picked this up yesterday, but the paper label on the side is missing and hence I've no idea what model it is, or what era. I couldn't find one photo of a similar one anywhere on the internet, either. Any ideas?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
You can call me Al.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
15 years ago
***  15528.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Sorry, but I'm not really an expert on mid-1970s Blaupunkts.

I can tell you the following facts....

It has a 1968-73 VW Blaupunkt/Grundig faceplate designed for Emden III, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt and Braunschweig models- but it isn't any of those.

The typeface used on the dial screen is 1972 or later.

The pushbuttons would have originally been black but have been replaced with pre-65 style buttons.

It's a European model and it's not a VW accessory radio.

Not sure which model it is (probably identifiable by the uncommon MMUUU presets).

Hope this helps.

Rich.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
64rotbox
15 years ago
That'll do, then. A bit of a bitsa... it came from a classic radio place in Munich about 10 years ago, according to a sticker on it, so perhaps they did a rebuild/mod job on it. It'll look nice in the dash anyway, and more importantly cost nowt. 🙂
You can call me Al.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

..... and more importantly cost nowt. :)

"64rotbox" wrote:

Can't grumble at that! :lol:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Sorry, but I'm not really an expert on mid-1970s Blaupunkts.

I can tell you the following facts....

It has a 1968-73 VW Blaupunkt/Grundig faceplate designed for Emden III, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt and Braunschweig models- but it isn't any of those.

The typeface used on the dial screen is 1972 or later.

The pushbuttons would have originally been black but have been replaced with pre-65 style buttons.

It's a European model and it's not a VW accessory radio.

Not sure which model it is (probably identifiable by the uncommon MMUUU presets).

Hope this helps.

Rich.

"Rich Oakley" wrote:

:lol: :lol: Thats far more than all the resto of us put together would know! :lol:
Looks cool with all that chrome, will look good in a bug if it fits ok, and sometimes it's just nice to have something a bit different regardless of correct or not.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
15 years ago
OOPs I typed 'resto' by mistake! :shock: :? what's happening to me! :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Chris
15 years ago

OOPs I typed 'resto' by mistake! :shock: :? what's happening to me! :lol:

"mrsherbie" wrote:

'Blonde moment' I think Anna. :roll:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.