Peter_Plade
15 years ago
How about this 48 parked next to my 54 in stock hight
 bluhat.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
15 years ago

How about this 48 parked next to my 54 in stock hight

Peter_Plade wrote:

Hell Yeah!! :d
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago
That is a pair of GREAT cars :d 😎
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
15 years ago

:d I'm here just been busy.

The way I see it, modifying anything to the detriment of a car, ie, lowering putting the car closer to the ground, therefore, scraping the beam/floorpan/wings etc, un-natural un-even wear of og mechanical parts is a negative thing for the car especially if it is purely for looks, not improved mechanics or safety ie. fitting belts etc. But when you put a car 'up' the body is even further from the ground surface, lovely increased airflow underneath, is all a good thing. ie no negative damaged caused to the car :d But thats just my view!

It was a few years ago but from memory the front end is easy, there are cheap or expensive (kubel) options ie cheap being adjusters in the beam just the opposite of lowering :shock:, but the back end is much harder, and getting it level too. Ideally without military parts you need an 'early' only Barndoor rear end, pre '53ish' I think, I cant remember exactly now, I do have all the bits/reduction boxes from a 51 bus, as I was going to do mine, but when it started to get complex and involved opening my nice working og gearbox up I decided not too go there. I really dont like the smell of old gearbox oil and envisaged the contents of my gearbox turning instantly to scrap at my own hand! :lol:

My car looks pretty high just standard on 16"s and my Wesa Gelande tyres ( Kubel tyres) In fact I took it offroading recently and I was amazed I managed to get up some steep muddy hills and through the wood that only our tractors or Syncro crewcabs can manage! :d Got some pics somewhere :d

I recall Hebster52 knows FAR more, but I have just realised that I dont think he's been around since the Rosy Tile scandal :oops:

mrsherbie wrote:

Hmmm! up,instead of down, don't make it right.
What on earth was the Rosy Tile scandle:?:
mrsherbie
15 years ago
No, but no pain or suffering was caused to the little bug whilst making this movie :d

And it looks cool :d well thats the excuse the lowered religion use as their og wings get ripped off going over that last speed hump.
Well that's not going to happen here! :beer:

Rosy tile/Roswell incident, oh I dont know, Ive been inhaling too much ankor wax today :lol:
https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=15230 

BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY LETS NOT START THAT ONE ALL OVER AGAIN :!: :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
15 years ago
:lol: Oh! how slow am i:oops: :oops:
heb623
15 years ago
In some countries it is a honour to be "the chauffeur" of the director m:y dear Etzhold1:shock: !!!

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!