pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
15 years ago
Very quiet around here, has everyone found another forum to use? or is there just nothing to talk about anymore? :?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Umm.... nice weather....

....for the time of year.

Maybe everyone is on holiday?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago

Maybe everyone is on holiday?

JD wrote:

Thats no excuse, most places have internet access these days :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Well, I´ll just have to keep you in suspense about what happens in part 937 of the "Whats been wrong with my Beetle since I had it repaired" saga.

Theres a show at the weekend - I´ll snap some pictures.
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago
I'd like to start a thread about raising my oval, but that would be considered a modification so I'd probably get hammered :wink: :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Raising it?! You´d have to throw yourself off the forum.
Baja Ovals - the new stock.
"Its gripped - its sorted. Lets offroad!"

You putting a big motor in that thing? Or is that against the rules?
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago
There aren't any rules, probably put a stock 1600 in it - a bit more power but with reliability.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago
OK, to keep things on-topic :wink: Does anyone know how the ride hight on this achieved?

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Mrs H knows all about this kind of thing.
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
15 years ago
kubel front beam and barndoor rear reduction parts, or cheaper 181 or thing suspension parts.
There was an oval raised in Belgium in the DAS club. chassis from a thing with floorpanhalfs from a beetle.and between the body and chassis a box secion from 5 inch high.

sssssst : I am on holiday and have internet acces.....at home.:roll:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
mrsherbie
15 years ago
:d I'm here just been busy.

The way I see it, modifying anything to the detriment of a car, ie, lowering putting the car closer to the ground, therefore, scraping the beam/floorpan/wings etc, un-natural un-even wear of og mechanical parts is a negative thing for the car especially if it is purely for looks, not improved mechanics or safety ie. fitting belts etc. But when you put a car 'up' the body is even further from the ground surface, lovely increased airflow underneath, is all a good thing. ie no negative damaged caused to the car :d But thats just my view!

It was a few years ago but from memory the front end is easy, there are cheap or expensive (kubel) options ie cheap being adjusters in the beam just the opposite of lowering :shock:, but the back end is much harder, and getting it level too. Ideally without military parts you need an 'early' only Barndoor rear end, pre '53ish' I think, I cant remember exactly now, I do have all the bits/reduction boxes from a 51 bus, as I was going to do mine, but when it started to get complex and involved opening my nice working og gearbox up I decided not too go there. I really dont like the smell of old gearbox oil and envisaged the contents of my gearbox turning instantly to scrap at my own hand! :lol:

My car looks pretty high just standard on 16"s and my Wesa Gelande tyres ( Kubel tyres) In fact I took it offroading recently and I was amazed I managed to get up some steep muddy hills and through the wood that only our tractors or Syncro crewcabs can manage! :d Got some pics somewhere :d

I recall Hebster52 knows FAR more, but I have just realised that I dont think he's been around since the Rosy Tile scandal :oops:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Well, I´ll just have to keep you in suspense about what happens in part 937 of the "Whats been wrong with my Beetle since I had it repaired" saga.

JD wrote:

NO! :shock: :lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Yes indeed Very quiet around here !
We are still very busy with ET's car and some other vintage VW's!
The Heb body is ready, but now Mr. ET decided that his floorpan was not good enough to go under his perfect body !:lol: I mean the perfect Heb body !!:wink:
We where also changing the split gearbox with a syncronized gearbox, otherwise ET would not be able to drive the car by himself, and then he had to call me to drive it:evil: :evil: ! And I don't like to drive in a cutted beetle !:? sorry ET I could not resist, 😳
Yes Mrs Herbie there are 1303 parts on the floorpan now :wink: but we had a good reason for that! BTW If somebody have or know where to find, we are alway's looking for SAXOMATIC parts ! Just to Keep ET on the road, please send ET or me a PM !

Thanks in advance,

Guido8)

mrsherbie
15 years ago

Yes Mrs Herbie there are 1303 parts on the floorpan now :wink: but we had a good reason for that! BTW If somebody have or know where to find, we are alway's looking for SAXOMATIC parts ! Just to Keep ET on the road, please send ET or me a PM !

Thanks in advance,

Guido8)

Etzhold1 wrote:

We had a '54 Volvo PV sport til last year, Owen has a lot of PV parts, didnt they also use Saxomatic? Any compatibility you think? I will ask Owen

And you leave 1303's alone! we still own a 'rare' '79 kab! :twisted: :d :lol:
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Very quiet around here, has everyone found another forum to use? or is there just nothing to talk about anymore? :?

pre67vw wrote:

So there you go, we are all just far too lazy to post anything thats all :lol:

But now you have encouraged me, I have decided to post '6v to 12v' as it has been irritating me for a few days now :lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago

We had a '54 Volvo PV sport til last year, Owen has a lot of PV parts, didnt they also use Saxomatic? Any compatibility you think? I will ask Owen

And you leave 1303's alone! we still own a 'rare' '79 kab! :twisted: :d :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

I realy don't know if those PV parts would work for a VW ! Yes Please ask Owen !
So Anna if you own a rare 79 cabriolet, you're probably also a member from the "VW cabriolet owners club GB"
I also have SUPER rare 78 Edition II Cabriolet :roll: :roll: (ancona bleu)Great car to drive and believe it or not in the past I was a member from that club, great club and always alot of fun on the international meetings:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: ! Et and I where always teaching the English people how to drink Belgian beers ! :lol:

BR,

Guido

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

But when you put a car 'up' the body is even further from the ground surface, lovely increased airflow underneath, is all a good thing. ie no negative damaged caused to the car :d But thats just my view!

mrsherbie wrote:

Just damage on the rest of the car from the horrific rollover accident!:lol: :shock:

Next month :- "How to make a beach buggy out of a wrecked Oval", and "Panelbeating basics":p
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Et and I where always teaching the English people how to drink Belgian beers ! :lol:

BR,

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Blue label Chimay - mmmmmh!

Red label Chimay - even more mmmmmh!

Black label Chimay - work of the Devil! Barf!!
UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
15 years ago

I realy don't know if those PV parts would work for a VW ! Yes Please ask Owen !
So Anna if you own a rare 79 cabriolet, you're probably also a member from the "VW cabriolet owners club GB"
I also have SUPER rare 78 Edition II Cabriolet :roll: :roll: (ancona bleu)Great car to drive and believe it or not in the past I was a member from that club, great club and always alot of fun on the international meetings:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: ! Et and I where always teaching the English people how to drink Belgian beers ! :lol:

BR,

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

I dont know if they would work either, I doubt it but I am sure you could bodge something together? :lol:

Ours is a Colibri green metallic, inc green interior. I was joking about them being rare :lol: but maybe they are already as 03's rust away so badly here! :shock:
Never been in the GB Kab club, even though I have had another 03 Kab before :d

God they drive SO well compared to all these old pre67 vws! I really should put it back on the road as my summer daily! But then I doubt I would ever drive any of the old ones ever again! :lol:

And yes I shall spell it with a K just because I want to! :twisted: :lol:
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

OK, to keep things on-topic :wink: Does anyone know how the ride hight on this achieved?

UserPostedImage

pre67vw wrote:

I love the look of Richard's car...not over-restored, a pleasing fuctionality about it.

UserPostedImage

Peter is right about the rear ride height...type 2 with reduction boxes but I don't think the front is Kubal.

Richard had a 30hp engine in it last time I saw it but he said the reduction boxes made it very tiring to drive long distances.

BTW...where is Rich I haven't seen him at shows for ages...his email bounces and no answer from his phone...anyone know?
John.