stock 63
14 years ago
Got my 63 bug out of its hiding hole today started it up and the fuel pump leaks quite badly from between the top plate and bottom casting.Its the cars original with the threaded pipe fittings and 6 screws that hold the top on.So what im after is a rebuild kit/joint for the top or a NOS pump please
Thanks chris
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Robb
14 years ago
the last fuel pump rebuild kit i bought, i got it from Wolfsburg West. Cures the leaking problem a treat 😎
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Are we talking about this type of pump?

UserPostedImage
William
stock 63
14 years ago
Thats the one
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
As Rob says, a rebuild kit should solve the problem- I've done a few of them over the years and they've all been leak-free after a rebuild.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
14 years ago
I'd have a look in this thread first.

Here 

I did this when assembling the pump above ^^^ and it went together a treat.

One thing to watch out for on that era ('60-'64?) pump is that there is one single bolt holding on the very top plate. This has a very fine thread and due to soft nature of the metal used in the pump itself, the threads often tear loose giving leaks.

This is what the one above was like before I rebuilt it. I found the original bolt to be around 20mm long (this was many months ago...:?: ) but the threaded hole in the pump could accept a bolt about twice as long. I found a matching thread bolt, even the head looked identical. After tapping a new thread into the pump, it went together as good as new, and no one will ever know.

Just a tip, and make sure you dont cross thread it putting it back in. :wink:
William
Jules
14 years ago
Make sure no petrol has leaked into the engine, if it has don't drive or even start the car.

We stock the rebuild kit from Wolfsburg West at Karmann Konnection 😎

Etzhold1
14 years ago

Make sure no petrol has leaked into the engine, if it has don't drive or even start the car.

Jules wrote:

X2 I know how that sounds if you start the car:roll: :roll:
Jules
14 years ago
Thanks for your order Chris.... You have had as result!!

We had two kits on the shelf, and one of them had come in at the old price so it's getting on for half the price I quoted you on the phone... and you still get your Pre 67 VW discount off that!!!!

It's in the post today!
stock 63
14 years ago
Thanks alot jules good to talk to you and thanks everyone for your help this site is worth its wait in NOS parts
Cheers
stock 63
14 years ago
Kit arrived today very impressed with jules and kks service beetle should be up and running this weekend:d