ianmac
12 years ago
Can anyone recommend an individual or company that could be trusted to rebuild my 25hp heads, for a sensible price in a timely manner. I am talking new valves, seats etc ?

:wink:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Ian, send a PM to Mike Peckham or Dave Ball (Bally) on here. They have the details of an excellent engineer. He also re-furbed a set of 25bhp heads for me a while back but I don't have his new contact details.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Mike Peckham
12 years ago

Ian, send a PM to Mike Peckham or Dave Ball (Bally) on here. They have the details of an excellent engineer. He also re-furbed a set of 25bhp heads for me a while back but I don't have his new contact details.

Rich Oakley wrote:

https://www.sprabuild.co.uk/  They are a tiny back street work shop who do things the old fashioned way. They recently rebuilt 4 x 30BHP heads for me and did a number of bespoke modifications to Dave's 30BHP engine. As Rich mentioned above, they also rebuilt a couple of 25BHP heads for him.

Mick used to do a lot of work on early Porsche engines so is very familiar with the aircooled VW. They are a very small concern though, so they probably aren't geared up to receiving heads by post and parceling them up and sending them back, so if you don't find anyone more local, let me know and I could do the parceling and delivering bit for you.

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
ianmac
12 years ago
Thanks guys ! thats a great help I will get in contact with them.

Appreciate the advice :thumbup: