oldbug.com
11 years ago
The owner has managed to locate some photos taken during the restoration!! The quality is not great but at least they show something!
https://www.oldbug.com/hebresto.htm  for you all to see.

In some images the body is resting on a later model chassis, this was only to give the body a place to rest and roll while the original chassis was being restored. Please dont start any conspiracy theories based off these images!! I know it is a concern to everybody that the car is legitimate, with a couple of "fakes" popping up in recent years, but I assure you this is not the case with this car. It is the real deal.

Also an update on many of the details. The owner is working on them. The proper off center mushroom air cleaner is now installed, as are the front shocks and the fuel tap lever. The Aufbau tag has been fitted again to the body finally. As time passes we will cross off the list as many incorrect details as possible. I hope to have updated photos of the changes as well as a photo of the chassis number on the tunnel at some point that I will share.
oldbug.com
11 years ago
The owner of this car just came across the photos of it prior to the restoration and shared them with me. It looks like it was a very nice car to start with! I have updated the ad 1949 Hebmuller For Sale @ Oldbug.com 

Please view and comment. He has also put on a few of the small parts and I have added that information.

He is more motivated to sell it seems...time will do that, so I do invite all serious offers.
ste VW agen
11 years ago
Heb Regards :beer: Randy !!!

I'm sure most here will be delighted to see all the "pre - resto" pics of this car. I wish that my car had been in such nice shape to start with ........ !!

(Assuming it's the same car) These pics should help your sales effort. Shame though that he didn't stick with the original paint - combo as indicated on the Birth Certificate from Wolfsburg.

Also, from one / two of the resto pics you just put up on your "Heb For Sale" web -site , it seems the VW VIN TAG was intact (but over - painted / primed) on that vehicle? Maybe the guy therefore would still have it in a parts box somewhere? Finding that again would surely also be helpful :thumbup:

I envy your "Job" Randy!

ste VW e
I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
oldbug.com
11 years ago
The photos are most definitely of the same car...why on earth would I ever post restoration photos of another vehicle? The Heb world is very small...this would certainly be discovered.

On the vin tag...I have beat this horse to death...they have looked and looked and looked and can not find it. It is gone. It was obviously there pre-restoration....very frustrating for all involved.
GKL 7
11 years ago
Sunroof53
11 years ago
I like most kinds of early VW but I really don't get the hebmuller fascination .i am sure the the only lure to these things it that they are rare and not for any aesthetic reasons .each to there own i suppose.Just plain ugly to me.
GKL 7
11 years ago

Just plain ugly to me.

Sunroof53 wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
11 years ago

Just plain ugly to me.

Sunroof53 wrote:

I should ban you for that remark... 😳

:lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
chrisbug91
11 years ago

I like most kinds of early VW but I really don't get the hebmuller fascination .i am sure the the only lure to these things it that they are rare and not for any aesthetic reasons .each to there own i suppose.Just plain ugly to me.

Sunroof53 wrote:

I agree to a certain extent, although I wouldn't call it ugly I think the Karmann Kab looks much nicer. I think the rarity factor has a huge impact as to why it's so sought after today, their wern't many sold when new and the company went bankrupt so it couldn't of been that sought after in its day, I know it was costly but still.

Saying that I would never turn one down :d
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
heb623
11 years ago
A car you don't own is difficult to desire!!!:p

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
GKL 7
11 years ago

heb623 wrote:

OH!I don't know about difficult ET,i find it very easy.  resource.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
11 years ago

OH!I don't know about difficult ET,i find it very easy.

GKL 7 wrote:

George, take it easy!!! Its not your ..... yet!!![-x

Btw: Today trhe Heb came back home with "new" engine!! Tomorrow I will make a testdrive myself, but according to Francois of ABT (tuning company) it runs exellent!! Even faster than Nicolas 's zwitter!:rofl:

Will tell y§ou more tomorrow!:thumbup:

nicolass
11 years ago

heb623 wrote:

I don't like beetles with 2 front hoods:rofl:
You have again a new engine the first is broken :?
So we can do the run to HO my friend:d
Sambaguy
11 years ago
Scary to see such a nice and very untouched -49 Hebmuller be raped like that.

heb623
11 years ago

Scary to see such a nice and very untouched -49 Hebmuller be raped like that.

Sambaguy wrote:

:?:

GKL 7
11 years ago

:?:

heb623 wrote:

Don't worry ET,i think he is referring to the O.P, not your car.
heb623
11 years ago

Don't worry ET,i think he is referring to the O.P, not your car.

GKL 7 wrote:

:rofl: I know George, I know!!!

ste VW agen
10 years ago
Hello Heb - Brothers :beer:

As it's been pulled from Randy's site, we can assume Heb 323 has already been sold on. :thumbup: Whoever might have purchased her, I'm delighted that this discussion / thread probably helped him to make a more - informed purchase decision. My Heb - Hat comes off once again to Rob for making all this possible!

Anyone know who the "lucky" new owner is? With a chassis number ending in 888, it's hard to find a "luckier" Heb than this!! Just a vehicle number plate ending in 888 will sell in Hong Kong for more than Heb 323 just did 😮

See you all again soon when the next :drool: car pulls into the Heb - Cafe!

ste VW e
ste VW agen
10 years ago
Thanks for the post, Russ :thumbup:

Did anybody see 323 at H-O? Care to comment / post pics here?

I understand she's going / gone to a great new home out "my way" (Asia) so I hope to meet her soon enough with her Classic family in Indonesia!!

I'd love to see this thread on 323 keep spinning!

Hebby Days ahead!

ste VW e :beer: