mrsherbie
16 years ago
Well, we didnt sell much but be had a great weekend! :D

Sorry Rob, I didnt get back on line on Friday again to see your message! And our phones were flat by Sun am to call anyone.

Friday night 11.50pm had to 'politely' :oops: :twisted: 'ask' (read 'tell') a bunch of people( a vw club of about 16 people) parked on the edge of the traders to turn down their really loud rave music. I asked them if they got lost on their way to Bugjam? :twisted:
We'd only been there about 30mins, but hey, I have a low tolerance level when Indigo and everyone else near us are trying to sleep :lol:

Sat am, rained A LOT, by Sat pm the roadway in was getting bad. The only thing I do think could have been done differently was that a stack of straw or Hay SHOULD have been READY for us to spread on the ground, as we all did on Sunday morning, a little late really.
My concern was that with the camber of the muddy roadway which we were parked alongside, all the vehicles were sliding everywhere and I think the caravans could have been damaged quite easily, luckily it didnt happen, but I think that was more by luck than judgment. The gravel arrived, giving some idiots confidence enough to plough down this road too fast! spraying up gravel :roll: ( It is impossible to get dings out of a bare aluminium caravan body!!)
AGAIN, a sign on the roadway anywhere! before this point saying 'strictly 5mph!' or SLOW would have helped a lot. I made some of my own in the end :roll:

By Sat night the mud was REALLY drying up fast! Hence people who called were told the show would still be on in the morning. We all thought that would be the case right up to going to bed (late)
The weather forecast was wrong! also which didnt help!
Overnight, constant rain. AM the roadway was unuseable again! Hence the show closed. Ironically, for the rest of the day Sunday was beautifully hot and sunny all day. Bad weather timing.
BUT I do think that had the roadway's potential terrible condition been better planned for and covered, that the show could have gone ahead.
Instead they spent a fortune (someone pulled a fast one £ on them here too we reakon If the £ I was told was correct!*!!) on getting road gravel delivered at the last minute.... but too late.
I think its one on those decisions that they had to make on the spot.

It has happened once before. You might think lightening couldnt strike twice.... but just in case, be prepared.

Anyway, Sunday was glorious! All our kids had a fantastic time all weekend in their wellies! :D

I think a lot of inaccurate information about the show is being posted on other forums :roll: one which really annoys me is that there were only a few traders present?! Rubbish! A couple of the big guys who didnt turn up Friday night as they always arrive in the mornings were missing but most of the traders were onsite early, and stayed all weekend til late Sunday, and made an effort to stay open most of the time in genuine support of the show. I didnt hear any of them or us say that they were annoyed or would'nt trade at Peppercorn again next year. Weather is weather!
We can't wait for next years Peppercorn 😃 :D

I might ad that both the Caton's and Murray's and Clark(s) worked manually and hard every single hour of the weekend, pushing vehicles, spreading gravel and Hay. Even Marcus Lotterman was caught with a shovel in hand fixing the road at one point!
Three cheers for all of them! We love you Peppercorn people 😃 !

I feel sorry for Jeff and co. They try to put on a VW show and the bloody pikeys turn up in their caravans.... :lol:
(Robbed the pics from VZi BTW :roll: , Hope that's OK ? :wink:

"SDV" wrote:

We were invited to bring the caravans and Citroens! :lol:
There was also another DS with another vintage caravan camped on site, and Marcus with the deluxe bay also has a DS convertible!

Anyway, here are the couple of pics I took.
Seeing the ultramaroon oval in the metal for the first time was superb!
Also a few pics I robbed taken by Danny Lord (good pics!) including 2 cars on the lane, I think the beige '53? might live in Hampshire/Surrey? Anyone know it?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Pics taken by DANNY LORD

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
BBT camp!
UserPostedImage
Our friends Arron & Nikki's original paint beetle :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage