heb623
  • heb623
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Last week I got a phone call of e good old friend! Need to say he's not that a good friend but he's old. The man is 92 y.o!!!

He told me he found a very old rim of a VW in his garage! When I got over there to have a look to the rim I saw the rim but in my opiniun the rim was not as old as he told me the rim would be!

See pic! Is that very old the man asked? No it is just old! When you ask me it is late 1940 early 1950!

Can somebody of you tell me who is telling the truth?

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
16 years ago
Hey evil one..

The rim is old...how old? The answer is blowing in the wind...my friend.
:lol:
Ok:
normaly, the pressed-in lettering should also show you the date...
Date- year- KRONPRINZ- 16 x 3 D.
Or it is stamped in a small ring devided by a bar like Lemmerz wheels: at the center part of the rim between the nutholes.
Above is 1 or 2 digits that should be the month and below 2 digits that shows the year
I have found this week 2 wheels KPZ, 3x16 inch and one is stamped 5/55 and anothter is stamped 1/54 ? bothe are riveted but the difference is that when you look at the back, one has a full cirkel and another is with 4 notches in the centerpart of the rim.
The wheels are original from a trailer that came from the belgian Army and was original made in Sweden....? :shock:
Just a rectangular loading trunk, 1 Torsion bar susspension,no brakes, front and back can be opened to give acces to longer parts.
Ill see if i can take a pict.

Greetings , Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Yep ET,

I visit today that old friend from you !
I was checking his very old :roll: parts , bought some nice stuff from him today, also the wheels, so they are here now ! :lol: :lol:
And like Peter told you, they are dated 06-50- kronprinz- kdf logo !
Why you din't buy that stuff?? Not old enough???
I bought all his parts eccept the junk !
I promissed him to clean up his junk also , but as you know, I'm quit bussy so maybe you can do that for me, but if you find more parts for a split deliver them at my door :lol: , dont forget its still my junk !
:idea: Did you see the left split door on the shelf??, in realy good condition !
Forget it, :roll: you'r to late ones again :cry: , the door is already in my garage :wink: It costed me 250 euro :oops: that man is a real hard business man, he got my last euro today, but I'm happy I made this guy happy with some money 😛 !And I'm happy with the full trailer and the A6 was also loaded like a truck with split parts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks in advance ET you're my best friend !!!!!!!!!
heb623
  • heb623
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
My dear Guido,

Stop dreaming and wake up!
When I had such an imagination like you I would go to sell fridges on the North Pole!!!

:twisted: ET is boos! (former best friend of Guido)

ps: to get your rechromed bumpers and over riders back you have to bake sweet cookies for me because you really hurt my feelings!!!
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!