stussy
16 years ago
Hi

I have a stock Swedish black 57 ragtop with red interior, but its missing the carpets 😞

Anyone know what the correct colour would be ? and where i might be able to find a set of decent repros?

Thanks
Claire
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
harveypj
16 years ago
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/paintcodestype1.php [/url]

Hello,
Try this link to 'the samba' it seems pretty comprehensive. :idea:
Stock......the new custom
djkeev
16 years ago
HI,

Sure there are many sources of reproductions. How much money do wish to spend ?? Original German will cost you and prices go down from there to modern plush trash you don't want in your classic VW!

If you want to go with true factory original, while that is a noble desire, it may not be possible for some original colors of trim are no longer available.

Where are you located, that makes a big difference in shipping cost, I try to order "locally" if possible.

I am in the USA on the Eastern Seaboard and do not order a lot from European suppliers because of the time and cost factors involved. I do have friends in England who travel back and forth and have picked up some items. I don't even like to order from California for the same reasons.... though I do so because some of the best stuff is found out there at reasonable prices.
It seems like California has become the VW restoration / customization capital of the world.

Some sources off the top of my head that provide quality....

BFY obsolete
West Coast Classics
Wolfsburg West
Bug City
Classic VW parts
jbugs.com

and the list could go on and on and on.

Do a Google search and I am sure many more suppliers will pop up.

Good Luck
Dave
"If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you find the time to do it over again later?"
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Here you can find the correct carpets !
https://www.himmelservice.de/ 
Regards,

Guido
djkeev
16 years ago

Here you can find the correct carpets !
Regards,

Guido

"Etzhold1" wrote:

Hi, would you double check the URL ?? Site not found comes up.

Thanks
Dave
"If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you find the time to do it over again later?"
pre67vw
16 years ago

Hi, would you double check the URL ?? Site not found comes up.

Thanks
Dave

"djkeev" wrote:

Just had two http's...

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
djkeev
16 years ago
Hi,

Thanks for the right address.

Looks like a great site too.

I will soon be in the market for a full authentic cloth interior for my 57 agave green ragtop, I'll keep this in mind.

It does however show once again that all colors for the interior are not available, While I do not need it the light green headliner is nowhere to be found for example.

Thanks again

Dave
mrsherbie
16 years ago

Hi

I have a stock Swedish black 57 ragtop with red interior, but its missing the carpets 😞

Anyone know what the correct colour would be ? and where i might be able to find a set of decent repros?

Thanks
Claire

"stussy" wrote:

Have you found any yet?
I will ask Owen if he has any original smelly old oval carpet!

(There are'nt many women who appreciate musty old original carpet ! :wink: :lol: )
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stussy
16 years ago

Have you found any yet?
I will ask Owen if he has any original smelly old oval carpet!

(There are'nt many women who appreciate musty old original carpet ! :wink: :lol: )

"mrsherbie" wrote:

:lol:

hahah, if you could that would be great, i think im a bit weird, but id much rather have old smelly ones (dont care if they are ripped a bit!) im quite sad, i could sit for hours sniffing my bug :shock:

Actually we must get in touch with Owen soon anyway, i know we spoke at Peppercorn & he was going to get a (your) bay panel in for us to look at at some point, id compleatly forgotten about it :roll:
mrsherbie
16 years ago
I already asked him, he is looking for some skanky old carpet :lol:
The only problem is the bit on the sill that takes all the wear will be worn through as usual I expect.
I sat and carefully unpicked all the old cotton binding off some rotten split carpets with my sewing machine and made new footwell pieces from a piece of old spare split luggage area carpet ( just big enough) then sewed all the old dirty binding back on, it worked great! But I needed to use my leather machine to sew it up. Got pics somewhere (Owens car).
I dont like new carpet unless its a last resort.

My 50 smells proper stinky! you will have to poke your head in it one day to test it out, original seats, panels and headlining, but the rear seat is full of old mouse nests, they've chewed holes through the cardboard so you can see the nests inside but not get them out! and Butty the old Swedish reindeer on the back seat.
I decided on no carpet rather than new, but the floor is always covered in a dusty mixture of straw,seeds, mouse poo and shedding reindeer fur

The Electrotherm van. I think it will be home soon. I've got a far more ugly bay (king of style fibreglass! ) hitop panel to use for a while now :shock:
We also have the 63 rainbow split panel too. She's my favorite ( even with a big window!) but I sadly dont have the time to do her any more :cry:
Even though she's not 'exactly' nice and og :lol: , I would love to find someone who doesnt want to paint her!

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stussy
16 years ago

I already asked him, he is looking for some skanky old carpet :lol:
The only problem is the bit on the sill that takes all the wear will be worn through as usual I expect.
I sat and carefully unpicked all the old cotton binding off some rotten split carpets with my sewing machine and made new footwell pieces from a piece of old spare split luggage area carpet ( just big enough) then sewed all the old dirty binding back on, it worked great! But I needed to use my leather machine to sew it up. Got pics somewhere (Owens car).
I dont like new carpet unless its a last resort.

My 50 smells proper stinky! you will have to poke your head in it one day to test it out, original seats, panels and headlining, but the rear seat is full of old mouse nests, they've chewed holes through the cardboard so you can see the nests inside but not get them out! and Butty the old Swedish reindeer on the back seat.
I decided on no carpet rather than new, but the floor is always covered in a dusty mixture of straw,seeds, mouse poo and shedding reindeer fur

The Electrotherm van. I think it will be home soon. I've got a far more ugly bay (king of style fibreglass! ) hitop panel to use for a while now :shock:
We also have the 63 rainbow split panel too. She's my favorite ( even with a big window!) but I sadly dont have the time to do her any more :cry:
Even though she's not 'exactly' nice and og :lol: , I would love to find someone who doesnt want to paint her!

UserPostedImage

"mrsherbie" wrote:

hahaha the 'sniffing vintage society', would love to have a nosy round your 50, i honestly think a stinky bug is the best smell in the world (actually Jules holland on toip gear the other night says he often buys cars purley for the smell, so that made me feel less weird - i think hahahah)

Let me know what you find, as i say im not fussed how skanky they are, as long as ive got something to shove in there 😃

Tell me about time & cars, so many more that i want, but i know well never get em done :roll: hightop ugly bay sounds um interesting :lol: