SplitPersonality
16 years ago
In our little Rometsch Beeskow Registry we have got 32 survivor cars listed. Most of them with a lot of details. Strangely enough, we are missing some key data on four of the best known cars.

Does anybody have the Rometsch build numbers of any of these cars?

- Calif, USA: Blue Nelson's blue/yellow Convertible
- Calif, USA: The black ex-Blue, now Malamut Convertible (Fatherland-tour/BC participant)
- Penn, USA: Last years big event: the red convertible parking garage find
- Florida, USA: The silver Convertible revealed / debated somewhere else on this forum

Any and all help appreciated! Email to "[email protected]" or to Eric/overrestored. Thank you!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
overrestored
16 years ago
I spoke at length with the new owner of the Philly Rometsch Beeskow. He is midway through the metal work on the car now. He sent me a lot of photos of the work. He has re-fabricated the wood jambs... and rebuilt the rear engine bay panel under the latch. He has reworked the electrolysis damaged front end... and spare tire well. It is nice work he is doing.

The body number of this car is 239.

So one less mystery!

protect me from what I want
overrestored
16 years ago
one more thing... this car lived near Berkeley/Alameda (just east of San Francisco) in the early 1970's.

It is also a double chrome eyebrow nosed car.... like mine was.

(I made mine into a single eyebrow car so I could fit the license plate under it.)
SplitPersonality
16 years ago
Fanatstic and awaited news Eric - keep it up!

All we are missing for the registry now is:

- Numbers on any and all splitwindow cars, except one
- The number on Mike Malamut's black car
- The number on the Florida car
- Pictures of "the nicest of the two" Mark Harris' cars
- Cars number 33, 34, 35 36 ..... and so on....

Any informants out there?
overrestored
16 years ago
If I was a betting man... I would guess that the four missing chassis numbers are east coast delivery cars... sold out of New York. I would bet that the florida car is one of these and one of Mark Harris's cars is one of these. They other two will turn up I think... I hear rumours here and there.

Mark's other car was the first Rometsch of the same gentleman that had my car for so many years... but he wrecked that first car in 1957 on his way to work as a lifeguard in Malibu!... on Malibu Canyon road. He bought my car used in 1957 from the dealer in LA. It was used... but practically brand new. I wish I new who the first owner was. When I took the car apart to restore it... inside the door on the drivers side... I found a very fancy small womans fine leather glove... was this Audreys???

I sure would love to know.

kdf38
16 years ago

DNA?!?
Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell