lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago
How about it then? I have nothing to do with the organisation and no influence but after this year's Bad Camberg it must have crossed the organisers minds.

The space is limited and although the limitations on what is permissable i.e. up to '67 VWs the 2005 show was a fantastic success in attracting a very large proportion of rare stock VWs and coachbuilts.

It was a true "Vintage" show, great atmosphere in an unrivalled location. It would be an awful shame if it became a victim of its own success.

A strict by invitation only line-up (or a closely monitored application process) would prevent the show being polluted.

Discuss :wink:
John.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
16 years ago
You are worse than me!! :shock: :lol: 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago

You are worse than me!! :shock: :lol: 😃

"mrsherbie" wrote:

I make no appologies 😃 For me BC was ruined by the Brits. If you'd visited British Shows in the previous year you would have seen most of the rusty crap on show.

OK I don't mind a lot of rusty crap if I'm driving up country for the day but when you wait expectantly for 4 years, drive 750 miles and find the same, rust, crusty, slammed junk at the end of your journey you're going to be a bit pissed. :evil:

Keeping a tighter rein on who gets into the showground makes sure you get a good balance. I don't mind having to sit on the sidelines with my VW if it means we get a good cross-section of Europe's best at Hessisch.
John.
pre67vw
16 years ago

OK I don't mind a lot of rusty crap if I'm driving up country for the day but when you wait expectantly for 4 years, drive 750 miles and find the same, rust, crusty, slammed junk at the end of your journey you're going to be a bit pissed. :evil:

"lifeintheslowlane" wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I like the idea of stuff coming out of the woodwork for this show, which I don't think would happen if it was invitation only. But I don't want to see rusty crusty slammed junk either... 😃
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago

:lol: :lol:

I like the idea of stuff coming out of the woodwork for this show, which I don't think would happen if it was invitation only. But I don't want to see rusty crusty slammed junk either... 😃

"pre67vw" wrote:

"lifeintheslowlane" wrote:

Perhaps I'm being "mrsherbie" provocative but I surely think there should be a tighter rein on registration for the show.

I too like to see the unexpected like the East German Split Buses at the 2005 show but I would be very surprised to see no changes after this years BC.
John.
Robin Allen
16 years ago
May I just point out that the earlier Bad Camberg Meetings were by invitation only. They were great. I think 1991 was the last time a written invitation from Willi Lottermann was required (I still have mine). I wrote to Willli to ask for the 1995 event and was told I didn't need to, but thought that was just because I had been there previously.

Volksworld Show used to ask for photographs of potential exhibitors' cars - don't know if they still do as I never go to there now.

The organisers of Lavenham were trying to invite only selected cars - I hope they succeed - which reminds me, any more news on this yet?
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago
Hi Robin,

I know you've always been a big supporter of the Hessisch show and I was wondering if you have heard anything about the registration subject.

I know it's a bit early but I'm sure this sort of thing is being talked about by the organisers even at this stage.
John.
brammutjuh
16 years ago
I am newly registered here, but would support something like this. As boardmember of the LVWCN (the 'original' club in NL) I would like the show to be as true "vintage" as possible.

I have been in HO in 2005 en loved it! Have been to BC 2007 too and I am planning to go to HO in 2009 also (although my car is to new to take part ;)). I found it disappointing how much lowered rat barndoor busses took part in BC. HO was last time pre67 (instead of pre55) for busses, which would mean that even more ratbusses from all over Europe would come there...

Initiatives like the Lavenham show en the show in Lier (Belgium) indicate that there is enough support for such a true "vintage" show!

Maybe someone could get in contact with the organisation?

VW 1/11 De Luxe Ragtop (1959)
VW 1/1 Oval (1956)
VW T2b Westfalia Berlin (1979)
mrsherbie
16 years ago

Maybe someone could get in contact with the organisation?

"brammutjuh" wrote:

Hello, no need to, they do look in here already. Those H.O. boys are sharp as buttons 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann