zelensis61
16 years ago
Hello,
To all who restored , restore or will restore an original Hebmuller:

I am looking for the folowing information.
Be aware before the blaster gets in action that there might be a number written in the wet underground primerpaint in the factory.🅱

It should be written rather in 3 big numbers on the panel that sits between the petroltank opening and the chassis on the outside. ( the panel where the steering shaft goes through. ) :shock:

The number does not correspond with the aufbaunumber , not with the hebbody number nor with the vin....
I have info on one car that shows the number. I will not post the pict of it as the owner will not like it. 😎
To me it is an original number and written in the production proces in dec 1949.

If somebody can help me with this question i whould be thankfull.
So if you remember this number on your car, let me know. It is still a secret to me and whould like to solve this. :?:

Thank you again.
Greetings.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
16 years ago
Hello,again
Here is a part of the number ( 1 digit out of 3) .
You can see the hole and ax towards the petrol valve. It is rather a big number if you ask me.

Greetings Peter  14274.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
16 years ago
Hello again,
It is possible and almost sure that it is an internal factory number but it does not make sence to me?
It is a 49 car. Nothing that can point to an special order car with extra"s.
If you needed a radio in a heb, you had to buy it in the dealership.
And I have invoices of that too.
An invoice of a heb and one for the radio, same car, same customer, same dealer.
BTW the radio philips costed 490 Dm...? a heb 7503 DM, that was 3 Dm for the paperwork and gas.

Nothing in the 3 digit correspond with the known numbers of that heb.

Even the color code is totaly wrong. I also tought on that one but the number on the metal is no where the same as the original colorcode.

I'll keep searching and looking.
Bob, if it is the shop that restored the 49 heb with lot's of picts on the website, I 'll think I know they do not know it..?
The cars that were delivered were already blasted when they arrived in that shop.

For this moment it is the only car on wich the number is on....Most others are restored, swapped the front part, overpainted several times...
So If you own a non restored heb, BE CAREFULL in that area..

zelensis
16 years ago
Just a wild gess.

Could it be a id code of the person who painted the car?

In the factory in brussels they used to put some markings in the engine bay to see in whitch shift the car passed, in the golf times sure don't know in the beetle times.