lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago
No I'm not talking about my personal birthday but my '58 Ghia.

Next Thursday 3rd April, my '58 Karmann Ghia will be 50 years old, verified by the recent acquisition of it's birth certificate. If the weather's good I'll take it out a shoot a few pictures for the PO as she celebrated its previous 49.

Just wondering what the rest of you saddos do to celebrate your car's landmark birthdays.
John.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
I took my car to BC to celebrate its 60th last summer.
She took the trip really well for such an old bird.  14620.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
2splits
16 years ago
Took my ghia for a drive on her 50th which was March 13th. Thats about it.

Going to give it a full detail when the weather turns nice.
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago
OK so this is what we did for my KG's 50th.

This morning we went to St. Cross Hospital in Winchester. It was a hospital about 600-700 years ago but now it’s a retirement home for “distressed gentlefolk”…I’ve put my name on the waiting list already.

The inner quadrangle is a resident’s cars only area but I pleaded my case with the porter. He said OK as long as you’re quick.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

This is a view of St.Catherine’s Hill overlooking Winchester. It’s one of several Iron Age Forts in this area.

UserPostedImage

John.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
😎
Is your Ghia Judson powered?
No scoop so i guess not,are you going to fit one.You do have the name of Mr Judson,uk.
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago

😎
Is your Ghia Judson powered?
No scoop so i guess not,are you going to fit one.You do have the name of Mr Judson,uk.

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Hopefully I will be fitting a Vintage Speed kit sometime this year. 😃
John.
Rich Oakley
16 years ago
I've got a real nice Garnet Red '59 (Built Dec '58) that I have owned for eleven years. It retired to my garage in 2003 and hasn't been used since. I really ought to re-commission it for it's 50th this December.

UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.