Etzhold1
16 years ago
Auto craft front aprons pictures !  14965.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Auto craft front aprons pictures !  14966.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Auto craft front aprons pictures !  14967.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Auto craft front aprons pictures !  14968.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Auto craft front aprons pictures !  14969.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Auto craft front aprons pictures !  14970.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Original apron !
Tomorrow better pictures from the original apron !
These pictures are all cut outs from 1 picture, so maybe the quality is not that good !  14971.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Original apron !  14972.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Original apron  14973.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Dirk Diggler
16 years ago
Its a shame that Guido did not respond to my email asking him what he thought was wrong with our apron panel before posting his comments on this forum. Guido said he was not 100% happy with the panel, i asked him what was wrong & i received no reply (its called feedback Guido!). I'm not happy at the way that he has publicly called our panels bad repros, as i feel this is an unfair comment. We are happy to receive feedback good or bad on our panels as people will tell you. Its just hard to correct any issues if you are not even told about them, but happen to come across a forum site where someone chooses to have a rant & hide behind their computer.The original posting was about a cross member, nothing at all to do with an apron panel! Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, just a shame that Guido went about it this way.We're not in the business of making poor quality repro panels, if our panels are not up to standard then anyone is more than welcome to let us know.
I'll leave it at that. Karl
16 years ago

Hi Mick,

I don't know if you know but hey come in two halves.

I'm currently restoring Paul Denham's car and happen to know he has a rhs nos one for sale at the moment.

Check out his resto thread and you can contact him via pm on here
https://restowagenuk.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7769&start=90 

"pre67vw" wrote:

Just been looking over those resto pictures, awesome work!!!

"Trailer Queen Restos" wrote:

Firstly i'd like to say thanks for the kind words, i know you pre67 guys are a hard bunch to please-lol.

I just want to add that i think Autocraft's panels are top notch, it fitted real nice with no problems at all. I've fitted it to a wolf spare wheel well panel and thats top quality too and still have an autocraft rear valance to fit which looks cool as, as well. I restore cars for a living as most of you may know and its hard to get nice repro panels so i think its only a good thing that company's like these are putting out quality panel so we don't have to use the bazilian tat and i've gotta say if i found someone measuring the front valance ribs on one of my own cars at a show........well, i think you know what i mean 😃
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
MR E
16 years ago
And they did`nt even paint it grey :shock: the dirty sheetmetal repro b******s.............
pre67vw
16 years ago
it's the nature of forums that every now and again a thread like this pops up, there's a saying - there's no such thing as bad publicity, and I think in this case its probably true.

Is there a better repro front panel on the market? probably not. Is it 100% accurate? probably not. If it matters to you that much then buy a NOS panel, for the rest of us that panel looks great!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
harveypj
16 years ago

Is there a better repro front panel on the market? probably not. Is it 100% accurate? probably not. If it matters to you that much then buy a NOS panel, for the rest of us that panel looks great!!

"pre67vw" wrote:

could'nt agree more 🙂
Stock......the new custom
heb623
16 years ago

😳 That front apron is a Bad reproduction !
I have one here, I would never weld it in a car ! Alot of things are wrong !

"Etzhold1" wrote:

For one time I have to admit that Guido has a point there!
However the way he brings the news to the public could be a little bit more civalised!
When Guido says he wouldn't like to put that H apron into a Heb than there is a reason for.

I saw that apron too and yes you can use it but it is not quite 100% like an original. When the two aprons are not too close to eachother it will be difficult to say what is wrong!
However when they next to eachother even a blind person could tell you!

Yes Mick 58 it can be that you feel a little bit hurt about the way Guido is bringing the news but on the other hand Guido has a point when he says he would never put it in a Hebmuller!

Maybe when some person found out the use of a not so genuine correct apron that person would be very angry to him!

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
heb623
16 years ago
What a mistake to make! :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!