vonripsnorter
15 years ago
Hi, Here is my New Zealand assembled Beetle, Its actually a 1968, very last of the early shape here as the 1500 with the square section bumpers & flat headlamps were introduced here in November 1968.

I'm sure most of you will know this already, but our beetles up-to 1968 were the same as your pre 65's with the linkpin/kingpin front ends & pre 65 body etc which I guess makes them kind of unique.  16025.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
I'm counting the beat 1-4-3-2
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vonripsnorter
15 years ago
unrestored inside  16026.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vonripsnorter
15 years ago
clean :wink:  16027.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vonripsnorter
15 years ago
cleaner (note, the amber front flashers are incorrect for an NZ beetle of this year & had been changed as the original clear ones were very crazed, but this has since been changed back with some NOS clear ones)  16028.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vonripsnorter
15 years ago
nice..even if i say so my self  16029.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vonripsnorter
15 years ago
last but not least, & this interior has not been restored at all still sporting the original seats, headliner & carpets & the paint on the dash & doors is untouched from 40 years ago!!!...........neat eh?

The car is also, as you can see a VERY tidy one which was NOT a full resto aswell, it was painted around 7 years ago & thats about it!! of course, I have gone through & detailed it alot!!

Note, the seat material is the original & was unique to the NZ assembled VW's, it came in red, green & tan

So what do you think, does it pass?? :wink:  16030.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

nice..even if i say so my self

"vonripsnorter" wrote:

You would be right!
It is very nice indeed 😃 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann