JOSESI
15 years ago
UserPostedImage

Coach build all steel Hebs are atill being made in Uruguay using a split window beetle as a donor car, takes aprox 10 months to make and depending on specs cost is about 20,000 euros.
Jose
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
15 years ago
A lot of people think these are a scam, nobody seems to know anyone who has bought a complete car - or see any new photos. Plus the sellers name seems to keep changing over the years? Let's see a photo of a satisfied customer next to their replica Heb with the hood up...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Etzhold1
15 years ago

A lot of people think these are a scam, nobody seems to know anyone who has bought a complete car - or see any new photos. Plus the sellers name seems to keep changing over the years? Let's see a photo of a satisfied customer next to their replica Heb with the hood up...

pre67vw wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zelensis61
15 years ago
I will put a "hoed" :lol: on, but I am no satisfied customer as I did not bought a replica.
I apreciate the work 😎 but always the same car as advertisement , no feed back on sold cars,
no info on sold cars, and no Hood in the picts.

Indeed the name change every year but the car is still the same.:cry:
Greetings.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
JOSESI
15 years ago
WHY IS THE WORD SCAM USED AND WHY THE NEGATIVE ATTITUDE?

I MUST ASSUME THAT IT IS BECAUSE NOBODY IN EUROPE OR USA IS ABLE TO DO IT FOR OUR PRICE.

FAIR DINKUM CUSTOMERS FLY ALL THE WAY TO URUGUAY TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE BUYING, THEY DO NOT SIT ON THEIR BACK SIDES LECTURING ABOUT THINGS THEY DO KNOW LITTLE.

CHEERS

JOSE
overrestored
15 years ago
I would like to suggest that we drop this thread please.
protect me from what I want
pre67vw
15 years ago

overrestored wrote:

I'd like to find out a little more before we do that, that's the reason I left this 'advert' on and deleted the others. Adverts for this replica are all over the internet, and yet nobody seems to know anyone who has bought one or seen one at a show etc. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a scam, but I did get a few angry emails a while back from someone claiming to be selling a real Heb when the photo's matched the Uruguay replica photos in the classifieds section (which I promptly deleted, not the photo at the start of this thread).

The reply from Josesi doesn't come accross as someone concerned about their commercial reputation.

I would have thought that if this was genuine, there would be more photos - photos of the rear, the various strengthening panels, the hood, the level of craftmanship etc. This would lend some credibility to the advert. If these can be provided then it may well put the scam rumours to rest, if these can't be provided then keeping this thread around might just stop someone losing some money.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
15 years ago

overrestored wrote:

WHY?
Like Rob Said.
The fabricator is perfectly at liberty to revisit the site and provide evidence to quashe
any suspisions or rumours.
Until then this post can stand as a warning.
zelensis61
15 years ago
Hi,
To Josesi, No hard feelings on you, Just to make a point here.
These and other forum users are here to learn and to teach each other, I think 😎 .
Sometimes the student becomes teacher and versa.
Most of the time there is always a positive input. However, if something is wrong with an item, subject, project, part or car you will have to deal with some "negative comment" and this is not to break down a person or a car, It is to learn about and learn out of faults.

I have studied a long time picts of Hebmullers...a very long time if you ask my wife.:twisted:
I have compared the picts of the car in question from uruguay.

I can point some minor faults on the car( and keep them for me) but I also want to see a finished roofframe and a finished car with Hood up.
The problem is, that the car in the advertise is after a period of lets say 3 years stil the same, no changes made.
If you are as smart as your skills are to create such a car in replica, you can deal with this "negative " comment.
On the other hand, even "negative" advertise is advertise.

In fact I wish I had such skills to make a hebmuller look a like, I whould make myself one, drive it and then sell it to Rob:lol: ...(not real and not cheap)
Greetings,

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective