Etzhold1
15 years ago
Hello my Friends,

I received the prices for the other Hebmuller rubbers this morning !
Here they are !
The U profile rubber is 55 euro/ set 280 cm
The L profile rubber is 70 euro/ set 200 cm
You can order them now !!
Please sent a mail to [email protected] or sent me a PM !

Somebody told me the L profile rubber is also correct for a Rometsch, I would appreciate if There where a few Rometsch owners who could confirm this?

Best regards,

Guido  IMG_4855kopie_bewerkt-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
SplitPersonality
15 years ago
I would claim the "L-profile" is exactly the same as on the Rometsch. Below is a bad picture of my Beeskow car that shows the aluminium "flat C-profile" clamping strip down the A-pillar. You L-profile should fit perfectly into this one. Remember the door window frames on the Rometsch have virtually the same profile and design as the Hebmuller. As a matter of fact - I bet that your U-profile will also fit between the glass and the alu frame.

UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
15 years ago
Here is a picture of my door undergoing dismantling. It shows the alu door window frame, even a piece of the rotten rubber hanging out. Very likely that your Heb U-profile will fit here as well.

So - sign me up for 2 complete car sets of these rubbers Guido - thank you!

Regards,
Oystein
Norway

UserPostedImage
overrestored
15 years ago
Yes... it looks like the same rubber as Rometsch Beeskow. The aluminum channel is also available. It is the same aluminum channel used on Convt. D Porsche 356A from 1959 and is available from several different suppliers. The lengths will be different for 356 than for Convt. D but I imagine you can buy the extrusion in whatever length you might need.

If you need the aluminum check with NLA parts in Reno Nevada or Stoddard Porsche (now the same company as I think Stoddard bought NLA).

protect me from what I want
overrestored
15 years ago
I should clarify... the L shaped rubber is same as Beeskow I think. The U shaped rubber may or may not work for Beeskow... as it doesn't look exactly the same. It may work... but is a tiny bit different than the original rubber from what I can see. Someone should check and see how the U shaped rubber fits into a Beeskow window frame.

An additional clarification... The aluminum profile I refer to in my previous email is the channel that hold the L shaped rubber... Not the window frame.
overrestored
15 years ago
UserPostedImage
overrestored
15 years ago
My windshield is missing in this old shot... but you can see the rubber profile on the A pillar.

UserPostedImage
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Thanks Eric for your reply an posting the pictures !
I'll visit Christian at friday !:d
And he already told me that I could check the rubbers on his cars,
there are plenty Rometsch models available !:shock:
It would be great if the Rometsch and hebmuller rubbers would be the same profile, I could order more meters and sell them for a better price (read for less money)
I'm looking forward to met Christian again and Visit the museum :shock:

Guido
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Hi,

I visited Christian today, And we where checking the Rometsch and hebmuller rubbers !
The L profile rubbers I ordered for the Hebmullers are also OK for the Rometsch beeskows :d
I'll let you know if I have the rubbers ready to send !
I'm working on the Hebmuller rear window rubber aswell !Please Let me know if there are already good reproductions on the market !!

best regards,

Guido

Etzhold1
15 years ago
Hi ,

The rubbers are finaly ready and they look just perfect !
The L rubbers where a litlle more expencive to produce !
I was telling 70 euro for 2 meter , but you need 2,6 meter so the price is 85 euro/set
The others are the same prices Window scrapers 75/set and U profile 55 euro/set !
Please send me a mail, with the shipping address , and the rubbers you need !

My email, [email protected]

Best regards,

Guido
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I also Have now the rear window rubber available !:lol:
The price is 25 euro for 130 cm !
I ordered enough rubber for 20 Hebmullers ! 2 sets are sold already !
I believe this rubber profil is also correct for split cabrio, but I'm not 100% sure !

Guido

HeSa
15 years ago
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Split Zwitter Oval vert roof and A-pillar sealing available for shipping for 15 Eur per meter (production cost appr 6,60 Eur per meter including tooling and VAT). Belongs also to Hebmüller A-pillar. I am selling this only to known early coachbuilt owners and not for people seeking opportunities for making easy money with our hobby :lol:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=706468 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Etzhold1
15 years ago
Those rubbers are not correct for a Hebmuller :roll:
HeSa
15 years ago
It is correct for Pascal's Hebmüller's A-pillar. Which is the same car from where you got the model for your Heb roof sealing. Or is your sealing only correct for Pascal's Hebmüller aswell?

Btw that window glass - alu frame U-profile is readily available as meterware for appr 5-6 Eur per meter. As is the rear window seal. Here are the contacts:

CARAUTO BVBA
Benny Cauwe
tel: 0032 475 66 6103
[email protected]

heb623
15 years ago
Dear Hesa did it never came to your atention that the possibility excists that the rubber of the A pillar of Pascals Hebmuller is wrong too? :roll:
I say it is wrong!!!:shock:
Did it ever occurred to you that maybe other and read "original Hebmuller" profiles were used to manufactor the rubber profiles we sell today?
My Hebmuller needs that rubber too!!!:shock:
That rubber is the same as the rubber profile to the roof frame and connected to the A pilar in the same way as the profile to the roof frame!!!:shock:
The original back window rubber was also not excactly the same as I got with my Heb to restore, (maybe Karmann too) so new made too!!!:shock:
To check the news you bring us about the alu U profile is not possible because it's weekend now!:shock:
It will be done that's for sure!!!
Last time I informed for that profile it was no longer available due to not so current dimensions!!!
Or maybe you are going to court too with those issues?
A Hebmuller is different than a Karmann Kabriolet or did you not notice that?:lol:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
HeSa
15 years ago
Dear ET :shock:

Yes all that came to my mind but I trust the word of a honest Hebmüller owner (Pascal). Who has a very complete and original car and not a puzzle. :shock:

If someone honest will tell me it is incorrect for Heb I apologize and change my ad.:shock:

My sealing is a copy of a 1951 Karmann Kabriolet roof sealing and made for honest fellow Karmann owners.:shock:

The Heb A-pillar pieces are appr 9 Eur with my pricing so really not a big deal.:shock:

Prefer to sell it by meter though to get rid of the extra sealing so I can go forward and have the next Karmann Kabriolet sealing remanufactured.:shock:

Will be sold with the same pricing policy.:lol:
fantakid
15 years ago
Dear HeSa,
i know both cars ( the car from Roland and the car from Pascal )
Both cars were not orginal - Pascal got his car from Swiss and a lot has ben done to it there already in oder to keep it alive ( chassis was changed,... ) so the rubber was propably also changed then.
The car from Roland was restaured by a VW dealer and he used what he could get new and this was the rubber fron Karmann.
My car was untouched from 1965 and all rubbers were still orginal - it was the rubber wich guido made .
My farther had 10 Hebs - i checked the pics and the most had also Guidos rubber.
So i hope i could help you guys
Christian
heb623
15 years ago
Hello Christian, it is not me who has to be convinced but HESA!!!:lol:

HeSa
15 years ago

Dear HeSa,
i know both cars ( the car from Roland and the car from Pascal )
Both cars were not orginal - Pascal got his car from Swiss and a lot has ben done to it there already in oder to keep it alive ( chassis was changed,... ) so the rubber was propably also changed then.
The car from Roland was restaured by a VW dealer and he used what he could get new and this was the rubber fron Karmann.
My car was untouched from 1965 and all rubbers were still orginal - it was the rubber wich guido made .
My farther had 10 Hebs - i checked the pics and the most had also Guidos rubber.
So i hope i could help you guys
Christian

fantakid wrote:

Thank you for the information Christian. I do not know you but as you are German, and a vintage VW enthusiast with a lot of expertize in your family, I believe you are honest.

My apologies. I will alter my ad. And sell the rubber only for early Karmann Kabriolets and Kabrioletts. For 15 Eur per meter. Which is more than enough.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=706468 

Heikki
heb623
15 years ago
What HeSa actually likes to say is: When you have a Hebmuller that has to be puzzeled together you can not be honest! :shock:
To be honest you must own atleast a Karmann Kabriolet!!:shock:
I will make a long story short by saying you need a lot of words that go left and right just to say that you were selling the (for Hebmuller) wrong rubber! :shock:
When I am wrong I just admit I am and don't make such a fuzz about it!!![-x