Rach66
  • Rach66
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
And having trouble. I have one on the drivers side, would ideally like the same on the other side.

Any help much appreciated:d
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
First of all, check that you have the correct hinge pin on the passenger side to fit this type of mirror. Is there a threded shaft that sticks up above the 'hinge' part? If not, you won't be able to fit one of these mirrors unless you change the hinge pin (not a fun job to do!).
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rach66
  • Rach66
15 years ago
Hi Rich, yes I have a sticking out threaded shaft. I would dearly love not to be able to see it, and to see the nearside of the car when reversing out of the drive would also be good!:d
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
That's good news that your car has the threaded hinge pin on the passenger side. I don't have a clue where you would get a matching mirror from though. This type below is supplied by all VW retailers in RH and LH sides...
UserPostedImage

Might be worth buying a matching pair of these instead, or at least until you can track down a matching mirror for the one you have.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rach66
  • Rach66
15 years ago
Thanks for your help Rich, it is much appreciated:d
Jules
15 years ago
We stock the mirrors as fitted to the car at the moment at KK, they are not handed, you just loosen the nut and flip the head over so they suit left or right hand side.

The problem you are going to have is that you won't be able to see anything out of it if mounted on the passenger side as the windshield piller gets right in the way. There are some options, feel free to give me a call...

Karmann Konnection 01702 601155
Rach66
  • Rach66
15 years ago
Hi Jules,

Thanks, will do :d