vintagevw
15 years ago
Someone used a picture of the steering wheel of my oval......
The one who is for sale isn't the real deal.
So guys, you're warned.
https://cgi.ebay.de/Top-Lenkrad-VW-Brezel-Hebmueller-Ovali-Rometsch-KDF_W0QQitemZ330288431786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutoteile_Zubehà¶r?hash=item330288431786&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagevw
15 years ago
Maybe it works via this way...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=330892 
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
I think the Samba's link was b0rken too, how about this: eBay link 
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
GKL 7
15 years ago
Surprising how many Conmen are been attracted to our hobby.
I suppose when you look at the premium rare parts bring, they can't help coming in for an easy kill.
It is good that fellow enthusiasts point this out when they see it.
Someone just starting off on the vintage road could be easily stung.
nr 11
15 years ago
Good thing vintagevw that you mention this here.

We already discussed it at bugland.be

stef
mrsherbie
15 years ago
It does'nt bother me particularly that people repro the parts, but I hate the fact that there will always be just a few people who will try to pass off a repro item as genuine, and this problem will only get worse as the repro parts 'age'/get patina.
I think fortunately with accessories, by the time most people can afford/are ready to buy them your knowledge is pretty good anyway to spot the difference.
Its taken me 20years to even get half interested in accessories, and thats only because Owen keeps trying to force them on me even though I dont want them! I am always telling him "take those bloody silly toolkits and steering wheels away from my car"! :lol:
In the past I simply was'nt prepared to pay the money commanded by the few rare accessories I actually like, so I have always preferred to have none at all rather than yucky repro ones. But of course we are all different.

I feel the same way about fully restored split and oval 'sunroof cars' that are really tin roof cars with sunroof sections added but then tried to be passed off as genuine.
Even worse when cars are advertised for sale like that. I hate that. Its dishonest and I will always call them up on it. Funnily I was just reading a 1950(sunroof) resto thread on another forum. Same forum there's golde sunroof 65 for sale, car's a good price but no mention that the roof is not og. :roll:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago

I feel the same way about fully restored split and oval 'sunroof cars' that are really tin roof cars with sunroof sections added but then tried to be passed off as genuine.
Even worse when cars are advertised for sale like that. I hate that. Its dishonest and I will always call them up on it. Funnily I was just reading about a 50(sunroof) on another forum..

mrsherbie wrote:

I know what you mean! Countless times ive enquried about "ragtop" cars that claim to be genuine ragtops but when ive asked, actually is it original to the car "oooh no but its a genuine Golde!" :roll:

Also when people want their car to be a show winner they graft in a ragtop section but you'd think that they would just have some patience and just find a decent og ragtop one! 😳
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I do understand that it is hard to find sunroof cars and again I dont have a problem with people putting them in, thats their choice, but then when a car gets put up for sale a few years down the line it is wrong to try to sell it as genuine if its not. We have an oval sunroof car, but would'nt try to sell it as a genuine one because it is'nt, but it is still a cool looking car ( if you like the 80's!)

There are going to be 2 or 3 'new' faux sunroof cars at the Volksworld show 09, it will be interesting to see what they are presented as.
Interestingly the 50 sunroof seems to be on an oval pan also but I dont think that was mentioned either.

COOL avatar Gertie! :d :beer:
54 Gertie
15 years ago
I know what you meen!

We have a 56 shell on a 67 chassis (i know, stupid to buy it we were'nt that knoledgeable then! :roll:)and that has had the ragtop cut in and we are trying to sell it! On the Volkszone listing in have put "Ragtop not original!"

I would hate for anyone to buy it and not know what they are getting, or even waste a journey to come and look at it

William
54 Gertie
15 years ago

COOL avatar Gertie! :d :beer:

mrsherbie wrote:

Cheers, thought it matched the colour of the car! (if only we could use it!)
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago

We have a 56 shell on a 67 chassis (i know, stupid to buy it we were'nt that knoledgeable then! :roll:)

54 Gertie wrote:

It must drive pretty well ( far to good!) for an oval! :lol:

Colour matched tax disc! :idea: :shock: You see, you are WAY ahead of me with this accessories lark! I never even thought of doing that :beer: :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

It must drive pretty well ( far to good!) for an oval! :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

It seems pretty good yeah, got a few creaks but dont they all! It's laid up with a knackered gearbox at the moment but its hard to find a new one as i think the pan was a late 67 one and the box is a one year only part! (ironically it would have been simpler to have replaced the old 56 one!)
William
vintagevw
15 years ago
It is good that fellow enthusiasts point this out when they see it.
Thanks!
I only had a problem that he didn't mentioned it that it was a repro.
I have no problem with it that they have made a repro becouse this is realy a dream steeringwheel to drive your car believe me!:d
I bought it in Holland about 16 years ago when nobody knew what car it came off...yes it was a bargain.:d :d :d :d
I've mailed him several times to change his add on e-bay, the only change he has done is mention it that the picture is from an oval?
I know the diffrences on the repro's becouse I bought also one :oops: ... just to see the difrences and there are...