In 1954, sponsored by Shell:

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
cool old van, wonder if it still exsists? can someone check the reg number?
55Kab
15 years ago

can someone check the reg number?

stu wrote:

Our survey said...X

"Vehicle details could not be found"

Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Believe it or not, I purchased a pair of ribbed Barndoor bumpers about 8 years ago from the North of England (sight unseen). When they arrived at my flat, guess what the number plate on the front bumper was!! The owner had no idea what they were, other than they were from a 'very old' VW van. The front bumper ended up in Essex somewhere, the rear one went to Germany.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Believe it or not, I purchased a pair of ribbed Barndoor bumpers about 8 years ago from the North of England (sight unseen). When they arrived at my flat, guess what the number plate on the front bumper was!! The owner had no idea what they were, other than they were from a 'very old' VW van. The front bumper ended up in Essex somewhere, the rear one went to Germany.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Wow, thats amazing! :shock:

Shame really, as it probably means that the barndoor is probably long gone! Did you recognise the plate when you bought them or just now?:wink:
William
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

contact the guy again, he might have the rest of it of have some info??
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

contact the guy again, he might have the rest of it of have some info??

stu wrote:

The guy's dad was a Military WWII enthusiast and had died a few years before. He had always been interested in VWs since the 1940s. I also bought some KdF parts from him.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.