adi #2
  • adi #2
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Im about to set up to produce a small batch of LED light clusters, when i come back from paris in a week or so, and im wandering wether anyone would find these useful?

They work as well as regular light clusters, and need no modification to the car or the lense, they produce better light, brake lights light up instantly, and most importantly they draw muuuuch less power from your poor dynamo.

These would be reasonably crude, made on home-etched circuit board, however this is reflected in the price, im not sure on the exact costs but im thinking about £5-6 each to produce if that. They are basically the metal reflectors with my own circuitry in them. If you dont like them you can just remove them and fit normal metal reflectors back in with standard bulb holders, no mods.

I can make these for almost any vehicle also.

I know there is someone selling something simular for like £199 or something, which is on professional made circuit boards (not made by me with nail varnish and chlorate in an old tea kettle). But they work thesame.

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
15 years ago

Im about to set up to produce a small batch of LED light clusters, when i come back from paris in a week or so, and im wandering wether anyone would find these useful?

They work as well as regular light clusters, and need no modification to the car or the lense, they produce better light, brake lights light up instantly, and most importantly they draw muuuuch less power from your poor dynamo.

These would be reasonably crude, made on home-etched circuit board, however this is reflected in the price, im not sure on the exact costs but im thinking about £5-6 each to produce if that. They are basically the metal reflectors with my own circuitry in them. If you dont like them you can just remove them and fit normal metal reflectors back in with standard bulb holders, no mods.

I can make these for almost any vehicle also.

I know there is someone selling something simular for like £199 or something, which is on professional made circuit boards (not made by me with nail varnish and chlorate in an old tea kettle). But they work thesame.

adi #2 wrote:

Yeah, I'd be interested for my oval - but 12v. They probably wouldn't fit in the same way as 60's ones, but I can work that part out. Give me a shout when you start. 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
I´d give that a try. I´ve seen these LED cluster "bulbs", but they seem to want a lot of money for the things.

I´m sold on LEDs after using them on my motorbike.

Your rather good at all this aren´t you Adi!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage