15 years ago
I'm hoping to go, I'd say hi, if I knew what peeps looked like:roll: :d
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

How good is it for parts?

Rach66 wrote:

A glance through the For Sale section on V** looks fairly promising.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Rach66
  • Rach66
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
The trader list is quite long too, looking at the now found website.

vintagevw
15 years ago
I've been there 2 years ago and was a good fair.
Only a bit far for one day...
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
GKL 7
15 years ago
I have never seen, in one place, so much rust and so many unwashed people.:lol:
RockStock
15 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Hell yeah
Some real crimes against VWs, fashion, & personal health too
Is it a northern thing?
StockRocks
Rach66
  • Rach66
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
And no '66 seats:(

Someone did try to convince me to get TMI covers, I think he though I was bonkers wanting original covers on them.
crazydaze
15 years ago

Someone did try to convince me to get TMI covers, I think he though I was bonkers wanting original covers on them.

Rach66 wrote:

Could be an option whilst you wait for an OG set?

Alex.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Rach66 wrote:

Seems like you met the same pushy trader that I met! Tried to sell me a pair of rotten bumpers when I only wanted bloody irons! :roll:
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
too cold for me :oops:

£10 is steep for entry for what is in effect only a big swapmeet, which would'nt be so bad if normal people could throw out a blanket behind their car and sell a few bits of their own, but seeing as the cheapest option available is £75 for table, thats never going to happen. I am sure Dubfreeze is another Holloway/Vanfest enterprise, so there is the predictable high cost for you.
What was that metallic green bug like up close? for some reason it really reminds me of a Volksworld cover car pile of glittery crap from years ago, the 'panter candy red 66', similar price too. God that was a fillerfest mess under its shiny paint, the worst 'fully restored' car I have ever seen I my life.

Having seen the pics I cant believe the guy with the Kreg bamboo rod thing has the balls to say it has a valid MOT when it has no shocks/seatbelts?/wings for a start, things like that make me angry as it totally misleads vw kids about what they can get away with, and there appears to be not a single person on Plebzone who is pointing out that this car is seriously illegal and should'nt even be on the road! 😳 unbelieveable!

Anyway, I didnt go so cant comment :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
15 years ago

Is it a northern thing?

RockStock wrote:

That is in fact the Midlands.
But as the old saying goes southerners think the world finishes north of Watford.
So i won't waste my time on a geography lesson:roll:  tn_Psbar_u0.gif You have insufficient rights to see the content.
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

I have to agree on that, the only thing that comes near is a Springsteen concert...knackered Nissans and grubby denim.:lol:
John.
GKL 7
15 years ago

I have to agree on that, the only thing that comes near is a Springsteen concert...knackered Nissans and grubby denim.:lol:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

C'mon John should'nt pass opinions on lack of experience.
Don't knock it 'til you tried it.
55Kab
15 years ago

too cold for me :oops:What was that metallic green bug like up close?

mrsherbie wrote:

Not that good. Corrosion coming through the paint and panels not fitting properly.
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

C'mon John should'nt pass opinions on lack of experience.
Don't knock it 'til you tried it.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Sorry George...didn't realise you're a fan.:wink:
John.
GKL 7
15 years ago

didn't realise you're a fan.:wink:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Of course you didn't:wink:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
RockStock
15 years ago

What was that metallic green bug like up close? for some reason it really reminds me of a Volksworld cover car pile of glittery crap from years ago, the 'panter candy red 66', similar price too. God that was a fillerfest mess under its shiny paint, the worst 'fully restored' car I have ever seen I my life

mrsherbie wrote:

Not that good. Corrosion coming through the paint and panels not fitting properly.

55Kab wrote:

I thought it looked a right POS
StockRocks
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
I managed to miss it this year, for the first time ever (the wife was taken to hospital on Thursday night so had to cancel my visit to the North/Midlands). It sounds like I didn't miss much.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.