andycake32
14 years ago
i have just put allot of oval parts on samba.com if anyone is interested ? They came out of my 57' barn find from south africa ,i am andycake32 on samba cheers
Andy
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Link to parts on The Samba 

Edit: The BBS code breaks when (I think) a pair of square brackets appears in a URL?
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Andy,

Have sent you an email.

Rich.

PS: the exhaust is not an Oval one :wink:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Denz
14 years ago
Why have you stated that a lot of your parts are NOS when they quite clearly aren't? Sorry, but it really bugs me when people do that.
andycake32
14 years ago
Which do you think are not NOS Denz ?
Denz
14 years ago
Quote from Wikipedia:

"New Old Stock (abbreviated NOS) are old parts for obsolete equipment that have never been sold at retail. The term refers to merchandise being offered for sale which was manufactured long ago but that has never been used. Such merchandise may not be produced anymore, and the new old stock may represent the only market source of a particular item at the present time. While damage to the original packaging is common, damage to its contents is generally not acceptable in determining if an item is NOS, as it should be presentable in the same form as when new."
54 Gertie
14 years ago
I think he is referring to, along with other things, that the 30 horse engine case is not NOS. It has clearly been used in a car as there is a photo of it as a complete engine in a car!

:wink:

A NOS engine in my eyes should have no (or literally 5) miles on it!

William
GKL 7
14 years ago
I also think he is talking about the pistons and cylinders.
While they may never have been used,i think they are a little rough looking to be described as NOS.
Denz
14 years ago
Exactly my point guys. Thanks.

Not trying to be harsh but I know a lot of people put the word 'NOS' in their ads to attract buyers and it winds me up when you look and they aren't actually NOS. NOS parts to me are unused parts in 'as new' condition. Could be an honest mistake by the seller though.
andycake32
14 years ago
i agree with the pistons and barrels but maybe i should not have put a picture of and old engine the crank case has never been used