zelensis61
14 years ago
Hi, As Hessich is getting near, I need a ride.
The zelensis is not going to make it due to some blasters in the paint...and I mean alot of them.
There is a problem with moisture trapped in the body and I need to take all the paint of and redo it from the beginning.

So I started on the oval project again 6 weeks ago with a bare shell, Lucky, it was welded allready ...It is a 56 original Belgian sunroof. It was first registrated in Belgium on 31/12/1956.

yes, started again as in 1996 I dismantled it for a quick resto together with my friend's zwitter. His car went to Bad Camberg in 2003...Mine not. I was on a good way but the zelensis came on my way, so I pushed the oval in a corner when it was almost ready for final primmer coat. ( for a long time it sat in that corner)
Finaly I started again with sanding of all the primer as some rust was getting on it( seems that primer uncovered with topcoat is not a good idea) and this weekend I put the body on the chassis, and started on the insulation on the headliner.
Next is to paint the underside of the wings, then It can go to the paint booth.

I hope that Tomasz is reading this so he knows I am waiting on the chrome parts.:wink:
Everything was done by me and the interior is made by my wife. The only thing that was done else is the crome, sandblasting and painting outside( in the future)
As you see I have lots of work to do. The engine will not be detailed now as I have no time for it.

Thanks for looking.  IMG_0367.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0370.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0373.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0375.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0388.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0406.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0422 comp.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0400.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
austria
14 years ago
Hello Peter!

Good luck for finishing till HO!:lol: :lol: :beer: :lol: :lol:
zelensis61
14 years ago
the work continiu...
Tomorow it will be painted complete.:lol:

Meanwile, I took of the engine tin and blasted them, no time to open the CKD original engine .
It run when I dismantled the car in ..1996?
Let us hope that it stil runs:roll:

Now back to work.:beer: ๐Ÿ˜ณ

As you may noticed, the garage where I work is now like an explosion took place,
After HO, I need to clean up , and I do not ๐Ÿ˜ณ want that anybody comes to help me to do it..  IMG_0417.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0448.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0450.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0455.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0458.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0459.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0462.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0467.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0474.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0468.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0454.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Nice car - but its a Faltdach (folding roof), not really a Schiebedach (sliding roof).:d

Good luck getting it done for HO!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
14 years ago
more work done.....:lol: and stil alot to do.:cry:  IMG_0661.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0662.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0664.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0666.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0669.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0671.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
NICE - lovely metallic colour.8)
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
14 years ago
For anyone who is interested; After a period of looking for a good chroom shop and found some but due to high costs and long waiting lists, I have chosen to this guy.
https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=1456 

If you know what type of door handle it is on the ad, you should know who he is working for so that pulled me over.
It is not cheap but he garanteed me to do the chroom in a very short time ...let us speak about 3 weeks.
If the parts arrive here , I will post some picts.

Fingers crossed that the package arrive soon. ( within a week so I can assemble the car.)
Otherwise I need to ask Guido and ET for a lift....Guido is OK but...ET? He is just fine :wink: .

51reutter
14 years ago
Congrats Zelensis for this nice Oval ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Instagram | @early_type
oval56
14 years ago
nice that also some other HO visitors do have to take a challange with their cars :d :d

nice job, nice car an good luck that it will drive and be completet in HO :beer:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
zelensis61
14 years ago
Ok , more work done this weekend.
The engine is back in place, the lights are assmebled and some other small items.
The running boards are there, sorry repro but they were found in the attic and lay there from 91 when I bought them at VW action so they are a bit vintage...:wink:

The chrome work is ready and shipped....Just waiting to arrive here. The picts seems to be awsome.
Tomasz did a great job and within a record time. with shipping to and from Poland in 3 weeks :shock: .  DSC01113.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC01114.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC01115.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC01095.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0672.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0673.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0679.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Chromework looks great!
Guees I will give my parts to Thomas too.
Only a few weeks to go Peter! :beer:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
zelensis61
14 years ago
Thanks for the kind words.
Pascal, The chroom looks beautiful on the picts ๐Ÿ˜Ž ...
Today the package arrived home :beer: .
I will look into it this evening when I come home. My upholstery assistent had opened the box and she was thrilled to see all the bling-bling.:lol: ( what whould you expect from a vw minded lady:lol: )

Tomasz was spot on his word with his time scedual. He told me 2 weeks of work + shipment. It came back just a bit later then 3 weeks after sending it ๐Ÿ˜Ž .
Now I can go back this evening to assemble some more parts.

Then I am off to the roofheadliner :? : all tips are welcome. Thanks.

................................................................................
Just got home, I opened the box completly and found those bling bling parts...8)
All packed and wrapped in shrink plastic and they are even nicer then on the picts he send me.

If you want something to be chromed in good quality and fast....
then send it to Tomasz in Poland.
You can find him in the advertisments area:?:

I can strongly recommend him.:beer:
Greetings.

Peter  IMG_0680.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0688.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0689.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
14 years ago
Today I started with the roofheadliner.
I do not like that job,:? but It has to be done.

But after a day of sweat, yelling at god and all his relatives above:evil: I did it.
It is not the best done but I did it myself and that is my point.
I 'll drive it like it is.
The windows in front, rear and side are in exept the doors.
I also found the interior in my attic wrapped in a plastic bag.
It was done in 95 and drove it in the same oval for one year.
The dismanteling started at 22/11/96 :shock: as I found out written on a box with parts?
Damm, long time ago and difficult to find everything.

The side windows are NOS that I found years ago. The sticker is still on the window. I think I will let it there.
The wrinkles in the headliner can be stretched as to spray with cold wather, I was told. This can shrink the fabric.
And if not....they ride along. :wink:
Now back to work....but first a :beer:  IMG_0693.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0695.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0697.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0702.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0703.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0707.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0715.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0714.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0729.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0731.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0719.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0713.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0722.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0723.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
14 years ago
Well, after a fast and un-announced :? trip to Romania Bucarest due my work to pick up somebody ( 3 days ) I am back on the car.

The sunroof is on , the headliner also and some more parts added on the car.
The doors are completed and all the glass is in now and the sema's.
Last night I putted a battery in and tried to start the engine..
After a few starts the fuel leaked on the throttle ax...:evil:
So I took a nos carb and opened it for cleaning...and then something broke on it...:evil: :evil: ๐Ÿ˜ถ
So I took an old carb , cleaned it, putted it on the engine and after 1 turn of the flywheel....

IT FIRED :lol: :beer: Straigt away and run smooth....
Picts will folow. Battery from camera dead.
GKL 7
14 years ago
Wow! You Belgian guys believe in leaving it to the last minute.
Begium must be stood still while you all work 18 hours a day on your cars to get ready for H.O
Good Luck to you all.
:d
zelensis61
14 years ago
It is like having stress...
We continiu with the work.
The doorpanels are in and the carpet can be placed...
This evening I will put the seats in and tomorow I start on the brakes....
Like my grandfather (rip)said : Braking is the last thing to do..:roll: But he only went on the road with horses and wagons.

Now I go back in the barn. And Iff there is time left, I'll fix the roofrack that is in primer now. :shock:  IMG_0844.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0845.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0846.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0847.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0849.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0852.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
14 years ago
Ok , I did not updated but as you may noticed.....I MADE IT.
The car got finished at thursday afternoon arround 17.00 Hrs....:lol: :shock:
It was driven at my home town to get fuel and on the way back I got hit by a mountain biker kid..?:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The first scratches are on it. BUMM.
But it could be worse if the kid got under the car.:d

The show was a blast. Unfortunatly I did not make it to the tour as the car has some power problems. I need to fix that.
But I could drive arround in the town.

Now I need to get a break...
Picts will folow.

Hello to all who looked here and that I met at the show.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :arrow: :beer:

I whould like to thank my understanding wife Anita and the kids, who had missed me alot the last few weeks...
My dad who helped me on some work, Ringo SA Heb and Phillippe for the helping hands in the last hours where needed and my painter Peter who did a fine job.
I also want to thank Thomasz from Poland to do the chrome work in such a short time.
Steves VW shop in Zaffelare for the quick delivery for the parts I ordered, thanks Steve and Soffie.

It was hard work but I enjoyed it for every moment.
More picts will come.  IMG_0198.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0860.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0196.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.