Standard split
14 years ago
This looks like great fun, and for sale in the UK too :d

Tempting if you want to be straight on the road with something different 😮

Shame its not built up on a Standard split – it would be so much more like a KdF :wink:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=812445   2724968.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
14 years ago
HOW MUCH!!!!!Should be wearing a mask.
Doesn't want the lowly split now,356's only.

Before you start Anna-i'm winding you up.
mrsherbie
14 years ago

HOW MUCH!!!!!Should be wearing a mask.
Doesn't want the lowly split now,356's only.

Before you start Anna-i'm winding you up.

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol: I DO want to keep it! but we just bought a new one :d and him indoors says we are not allowed to keep 3 '50s. Rationing? I said? its like the war! But with less splits :? :lol:

I drive it around the fields more than the road these days! That pic above is a steep hill that we only take the tractors and Syncros up & down, but the chunky tyres really work! but I am taking it to war & peace to play though as it really confuses my German military friends with its Swedish looks :lol:

Its a bit of a niche car and splits are so hard to price at the moment :shock: But I just need to find another woman just like me to buy it! :idea:

There is a story behind the car John, I bought it for someone else as a surprise (unwanted!) so ended up with it myself and it was kind of a healing challenge to get it on the road myself instead. It did its job :wink: . And through this car I found my perfect man who turned out to be the one I bought it from NOT the one I bought it for! :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
pre67vw
14 years ago

I just need to find another woman just like me

mrsherbie wrote:

No comment :lol: :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
14 years ago
Shame it's not advertised here though, must be hoping to export :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lou cypher
14 years ago

splits are so hard to price at the moment

mrsherbie wrote:

356 boy only paid £1500 more for an original matching number, with original motor 11G :shock:
mrsherbie
14 years ago

Shame it's not advertised here though, must be hoping to export :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

Not especially but at the same time I think I will be unhappy to see it around so further away somehow feels better? I am 100% certain a buyer will repaint it though so I dont know why I am worrying really.

Why is it so much fun buying new cars, but so horrible selling them!
GKL 7
14 years ago
Lou(Philip) your location....is it a 35 or a 42?
mrsherbie
14 years ago

356 boy only paid £1500 more for an original matching number, with original motor 11G :shock:

lou cypher wrote:

No he didnt and you just watch it or you will get a slappin :lol: Anyway, I might take offers or p/x's if you've got anything my way + cash of course.
mrsherbie
14 years ago

Should be wearing a mask.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yes and I can crochet them to order if anyone else wants one too?

UserPostedImage

Actually its not all bad news, my ovals new (old) Trelleborgs are here! yippee! :d :d

UserPostedImage

Yes, OK, so I decided the pretty whitewall tyre thing probably just does'nt suit me after all :lol:

vintagebug
14 years ago

Lou(Philip) your location....is it a 35 or a 42?

George, when you find out if it's a 35 or a 42, will the next question be directed at Jean (Resident Translator)??!! :lol: :lol:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
GKL 7
14 years ago
No,i can manage that one thanks Dave:roll:
vintagebug
14 years ago
Maybe I'm away off on the wrong track... :wink:

Dave
GKL 7
14 years ago
There's an NOS pair of rear wings(53-55) on the Samba Dave,same guy i suggested for the sem lens.
Cost a fortune to ship tho'.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Yes and I can crochet them to order if anyone else wants one too?

UserPostedImage

mrsherbie wrote:

What the hell is going on there? Is there a matching costume to this? It´s like the bastard offspring of a Clanger and a Sea Devil!
Just wrong, and on so many levels.:lol: :lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
vintagebug
14 years ago

There's an NOS pair of rear wings(53-55) on the Samba Dave

Cheers George, I've already seen these. Unfortunately I'm looking for a wing for a '56- different rear light mountings (I need one for a snowflake light). I heard about one today though, just waiting for pics.

Anna- what IS that??!! Are you going to wear it at Peppercorn? :shock:

Dave
dry&heavy
14 years ago
like the Leigh Bowery style head wear
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago

Unfortunately I'm looking for a wing for a '56- different rear light mountings

vintagebug wrote:

UMM!Yes,i've seen you with a welder,maybe you should hold out for one with the holes in the right places.:lol: :lol: :lol: (i couldn't stop myself)
69project
14 years ago

:lol: I DO want to keep it! but we just bought a new one :d and him indoors says we are not allowed to keep 3 '50s. Rationing? I said? its like the war! But with less splits :? :lol:

I drive it around the fields more than the road these days! That pic above is a steep hill that we only take the tractors and Syncros up & down, but the chunky tyres really work! but I am taking it to war & peace to play though as it really confuses my German military friends with its Swedish looks :lol:

Its a bit of a niche car and splits are so hard to price at the moment :shock: But I just need to find another woman just like me to buy it! :idea:

There is a story behind the car John, I bought it for someone else as a surprise (unwanted!) so ended up with it myself and it was kind of a healing challenge to get it on the road myself instead. It did its job :wink: . And through this car I found my perfect man who turned out to be the one I bought it from NOT the one I bought it for! :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

what have you bought to replace this then or is a secret?

i have a new toy in progress but im not allowed to talk abt it on here as its a year or two too new....:cry:
Car less.....
54 Gertie
14 years ago

i have a new toy in progress but im not allowed to talk abt it on here as its a year or two too new....:cry:

69project wrote:

And its not exactly stock is it....:wink:
William