Buggirl
14 years ago
Hi Folks, I am new to the forum but not the vw scene. I have owned a 1974 super beetle, 1966 Cal import, 1972 cal look bug, a 1965 single cab splitty and currently own a new vert 2008 and the 1972 bay window that we have owned for the last 4 years and will never sell! I have always wanted an oval and as I am 30 this year, I have decided that its now or never. I am desperatley trying to save and will hopefully have enough money for a decent ratty example to start working on next year (about Jan)
I would really like a 1956 rag top. Has anyone got any tips etc. Also is the owner of XHA 20 in Walsall near me? I am sure I pass his house all the while??
Thanks
Vickie:wink:
1966 Barbra Anne
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago
Welcome Vickie. :beer:

I guess you know this already but a resonable condition ragtop Oval is not an easy thing to find. However, that said, a post Aug 55 car (1956 model year) is far easier to locate than an earlier model and you'll make finding one even easier if you don't mind LHD.

Good luck with your search, let us know how you get on.

Buggirl
14 years ago
Just thought I would post up a couple of pics of my VWs........

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
1966 Barbra Anne
Buggirl
14 years ago

Welcome Vickie. :beer:

I guess you know this already but a resonable condition ragtop Oval is not an easy thing to find. However, that said, a post Aug 55 car (1956 model year) is far easier to locate than an earlier model and you'll make finding one even easier if you don't mind LHD.

Good luck with your search, let us know how you get on.

55Kab wrote:

Hi and thanks for the welcome! I guessed that was the case, hence going for a '56. I am not bothered at all about left hand drive, as you can see from my pics, both my 66 bug and 65 single cab were left hookers! I actually love it! Reading some of the posts on here this morning I have seen that lowered bugs are not really everyones cuppa, but mine prob will be, just as I like the look. Everything esle on her, I intend to be totally stock! Cant wait! Anymore advice will be welcome!
1966 Barbra Anne
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Hi Vickie,

Welcome to the forum.

XHA 20 is owned by Keith Vipond from Pelsall (on the Wolvo/Brownhills Rd)- he's owned it forever and a day. He also owns a '52 Split Bug that he's restoring.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Reading some of the posts on here this morning I have seen that lowered bugs are not really everyones cuppa, but mine prob will be,

Buggirl wrote:

"Release the hounds...."
UserPostedImage

:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Buggirl
14 years ago

Hi Vickie,

Welcome to the forum.

XHA 20 is owned by Keith Vipond from Pelsall (on the Wolvo/Brownhills Rd)- he's owned it forever and a day. He also owns a '52 Split Bug that he's restoring.

Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Hi Rich, Thanks for that, thats the guy!!! I know his sister in law through a mutual friend and have beeped my horn to him loads, but never had the guts to stop in case he thinks I am a nutter! Do you think he would mind me stopping and chatting to him?
1966 Barbra Anne
Buggirl
14 years ago

"Release the hounds...."
UserPostedImage

:lol:

JD wrote:

Thanks dude!:beer:
1966 Barbra Anne
pre67vw
14 years ago
Welcome to the forum!

First time offences usually get off with a warning, but following the warning - any photos of post 1967 cars, or lowered cars carry a 2 hour ban...

8)
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Buggirl
14 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

First time offences usually get off with a warning, but following the warning - any photos of post 1967 cars, or lowered cars carry a 2 hour ban...

8)

pre67vw wrote:

Are you serious?:?
1966 Barbra Anne
GKL 7
14 years ago
Yes he's serious:oops:
Buggirl
14 years ago

Yes he's serious:oops:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Rules are rules I guess LOL:lol: At th end of the day, I am just on here to chat about the bugs, early bugs that is:wink: Does anyone know if Keith would mind me popping by when I see him out one of the days? Also, is here a member on here? Thanks guys.
1966 Barbra Anne
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Rules are rules I guess LOL:lol: At th end of the day, I am just on here to chat about the bugs, early bugs that is:wink: Does anyone know if Keith would mind me popping by when I see him out one of the days? Also, is here a member on here? Thanks guys.

Buggirl wrote:

Keith doesn't come on here, but he publishes his email address in the Historic VW Club magazine so I guess he won't mind you dropping him an email. I'll send it to you.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Buggirl
14 years ago
If you could send me his e-mail Rich, that would be ace! Thanks:wink:
1966 Barbra Anne
Chris
14 years ago

Are you serious?:?

Buggirl wrote:

UserPostedImage

No, he's only joking........

It's usually a two day ban!!!!!!

Rules are rules I guess LOL

Buggirl wrote:

Nice to see someone come along and not be offended by the 'rules' of the site. No need to ban you now... :oops:

BTW, you'll soon get used to the sense of humour on this site.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Buggirl
14 years ago

Nice to see someone come along and not be offended by the 'rules' of the site. No need to ban you now... :oops:

BTW, you'll soon get used to the sense of humour on this site.

Chris wrote:

Not easily offended me :wink:
1966 Barbra Anne
Chris
14 years ago

Buggirl wrote:

We'll soon find out if you post anymore pictures of *whispers* lowered cars :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

Buggirl wrote:

Oh believe me...they've not even started yet.:twisted:

They frequently have resto fans in tears.
John.
55Kab
14 years ago

Oh believe me...they've not even started yet.:twisted:

They frequently have resto fans in tears.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

:lol: :lol:

That's true Vickie, I'm only just tollerated on here!!! :lol:

lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

:lol: :lol:

...I'm only just tollerated on here!!! :lol:

55Kab wrote:

Not a chance.[-x
John.