cupa65
  • cupa65
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi Everyone

Just a little info for all the Vintage Speed Freaks. Just received my NOS orange Fram filter from ISP West. Arrived in original box with faded instuctions and lined paper transit bag. It even had cardboard dust on it so had never been opened. Not cheap but a worthwhile investment.:lol: They have now sold out  IMG_1603.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago
Yes well worth the $32 I paid for the exact same NOS Fitler and packging through Ebay about 7 years ago. Back then nobody wanted them.:d
John.
g4rfy
14 years ago
I have one of these on my 356 engine fitted to the Oval.

When having it serviced I was told that they only filter 20% of the oil......thats why lots of people fit remote filters.

Better than whats fitted as standard I suppose.

G
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

I have one of these on my 356 engine fitted to the Oval.

When having it serviced I was told that they only filter 20% of the oil......thats why lots of people fit remote filters.

Better than whats fitted as standard I suppose.

G

g4rfy wrote:

I´ve been told it´s a lot less than that!

Looks kinda cool though.:oops:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
vicpolky
14 years ago
Aye likewise, I'm pretty sure I've read that the bypass-type filter on a 356/912 only filters 5-10%
I guess that a fram-type bypass on VW type 1 motor would be about the same.
Not a comprehensive filter by any means but better than a kick in the nuts.
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

Not a comprehensive filter by any means but better than a kick in the nuts.

vicpolky wrote:

That's providing you're not being kicked in the nuts on price.:?
John.
vicpolky
14 years ago
LOL quite. I think the market for these has moved on a bit in the last couple of years though, as interest in all things vintage speed has grown.
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

I think the market for these has moved on a bit in the last couple of years though, as interest in all things vintage speed has grown.

vicpolky wrote:

Hmmmm now perhaps we need to create the next "Vintage Speed" musthave. If you have any ideas please PM me.:d
John.
fredy66
14 years ago
wher do i get one ??
lou cypher
14 years ago

wher do i get one ??

fredy66 wrote:

check Ebay.com, there are always a few on there. Depends which one you want, with the wing nut on the top or with the bolt!

heres a NOS on
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2616-Fram-F3-P-Filter-VW-Tractor-W-C3-P-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ310185398305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item48387d9021#ht_768wt_1167