Ovalbug
  • Ovalbug
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Anyone know the story of the Split at Slough yesterday?
Saw it on the back of a Belgian (I think!) registered trailer before the meet started, by the time I left it had 2 'not for sale' notices on it as it was attracting a fair bit of attention....
It had a French country of origin bumper plate, seemed to be a long way from home if it wasn't for sale etc.
I'm guessing it belonged to one of the continental traders, or was it on its way to a lucky UK owner?

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
A friend of mine in Worcestershire, Dr. Barndoor Carrington (who occasionally frequents this site) bought this car in 2006 from the original owner in Paris. He MOT'd it and used it from time to time, but I don't think that he took it to any shows. It has now been sold to Belgium (hence being on the back of a Belgian registered trailer). It's one of the most original 11G's I have ever seen.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Ovalbug
  • Ovalbug
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago

A friend of mine in Worcestershire, Dr. Barndoor Carrington (who occasionally frequents this site) bought this car in 2006 from the original owner in Paris. He MOT'd it and used it from time to time, but I don't think that he took it to any shows. It has now been sold to Belgium (hence being on the back of a Belgian registered trailer). It's one of the most original 11G's I have ever seen.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Thanks for clearing up the mystery :lol: .
It looked lovely; though was so full of trepidation about the possible bargains that awaited within the sports centre that I didn't spend as much time perusing the car than I'd have liked!

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Standard split
14 years ago
What year was the car:?:

Any pics:o

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
From the lens of Mr.Robinson...
UserPostedImage
The interior needs to be seen to be believed.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Standard split
14 years ago

Looks great – shame it's left the country. Nice paint with no shine.:o

What was the original colour:?:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Looks great – shame it's left the country. Nice paint with no shine.:o

What was the original colour:?:

Standard split wrote:

It's pastel green but has been resprayed. You can see the original paint where the respray is flaking off.
Standard split
14 years ago

It's pastel green but has been resprayed. You can see the original paint where the respray is flaking off.

Rich Oakley wrote:

I love it as it is – not so keen on pastel green. Looks to be a '52 DeLuxe crotch cooler 😎

RockStock
14 years ago
for those of you that remember the original ad from 06, it showed there was LOTS of history with the car
lots of top old photos

original TS threads
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203166 
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199891 

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

StockRocks
vintagevw
14 years ago
That's "BOSS" his car.
I think Laurent Thersen is his real name but everybody called him "BOSS".
He's a Belgian guy who is selling parts at all the big events.
He have some great cars.
He told me about this car at H.O. but can't remeber the story about it.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sunroof53
14 years ago
He had a lot of nice parts at the show.I finally found the correct air cleaner for my 53 on his stall.He sounded French to me though,if we are talking about the man putting the not for sale sign on in the pic above.There was another stall i think from belgium who also had some nice early parts.They were definitly the best two stalls in the show.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Yes we are talking about the same person,
He is speaking French (Frech speaking part of Belgium) but he speakes also Flemish and English but he's a Belgian for sure! :beer:
He is always at the Peppercornmeeting too.
I guess this car came up for sale at The Samba too about 2 years ago, very solid split!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
reminou75
14 years ago
3 little pics HERE 

the car still has its original license plate from Paris, like Bob's convertible... :oops:

the car is just incredible... It was kept in a French famous collection for years, has been sold for two years to finance an other great project, and Boss bought recently. Unfortunately, it's not staying in France... 😞
Standard split
14 years ago

the car is just incredible... It was kept in a French famous collection for years, has been sold for two years to finance an other great project, and Boss bought recently. Unfortunately, it's not staying in France... 😞

reminou75 wrote:

This smashing car just hops from one country to another:o

These unrestored cars are so much more desirable (to me anyway) than restored cars. One way to attract less interest in this Split would be to restore it:twisted:

It it hops back to the UK, I've got a space waiting for it :wink: