vintagevw
14 years ago
Hi guys, here is the next project.
I told you guys that I've started a small restoration business so here is the project.
A 1956 oval who was original in agave green color has but now a banana colour! :d
It needs work but it's worth it.
It has all 4 correct original wings, 2 doors enginelid and front lid who haves never been replaced!
Pretty rare I guess.
Matching number car!
Behind the yellow colour you can find the agave green colour.
Front apron and wheel well has been replaced by a younger one but wasnt done very professional.
Rear apron was very far gone and also other rusted places.
I've cutted all the bad places carefully out.  Afbeelding 045.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 050.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 036.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 054.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 058.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 069.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 079.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 080.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 085.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 124.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 086.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 110.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 108.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 113.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagevw
14 years ago
I've repaired already a section of the heather cannel before sandblasting.
Ready for sandblasting.
Sandblasted and epoxy primered!  Afbeelding 105.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 135.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  b 010.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  b 012.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  b 020.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  b 019.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  b 022.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  b 023.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Repairing the rear section...  Afbeelding 144.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 147.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 154.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 206.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 153.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Everything needed to adjusted before welding!
Now the engine lid.
Thae engine lid had a big dent to under the lisence plate light.
Inside and outside need to be replaced.
I used a dented 59 engine lid and cutted out what I need.
Never buy a repro inside (where the closing mecanism is mounted) cause that doesn't fit at all!  Afbeelding 170.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 172.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 177.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 166.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 173.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 163.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 193.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 199.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 201.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 204.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 205.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Rear end is finished.
Now front end...
I replaced a part of the front apron (4 fingers) cause it was an original one.  Afbeelding 186.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 188.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 189.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 209.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 210.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 211.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 213.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 214.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 229.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 231.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 232.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 233.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
I hamered the wheel well to have the correct shape for a 1956 and placed it in.  Afbeelding 234.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 215.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Does somone have these parts?
Crossmember sections inside and rear innerwing parts?  Afbeelding 155.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 160.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
55Kab
14 years ago
Some very nice restoration work going on there. Keep it up! :beer:

oval56
14 years ago

Does somone have these parts?
Crossmember sections inside and rear innerwing parts?

vintagevw wrote:

now i have my glasses on 🙂 and yes i found some pictures of a very perfect restauration of a 56..

to ask your question, i think wolfparts does this part now have in programm
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
vintagevw
14 years ago
Hi Andi,
Yes I know Wolf is going to make them.
But needed them very quick.
I found them on The Samba! :d
Sanded the wings, rusty but original everywhere agave green underneath.
I removed both headlightbuckets from the frontfenders cause ther was rust between bucket and wing.  Afbeelding 236.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 239.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 240.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 243.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
I've repaired several places on the wings.
I repaced a border of the headlightplace.
Also a mounting borderpartneeded to be replaced.
Lots of bondo on the wings!
But still has the four wings since new! :d
Ready for sandblasting.:beer:  Afbeelding 251.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 260.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 254.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 253.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 255.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 261.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 265.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 268.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 267.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 257.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Front apron is placed.
Also some other places are repaired.  Afbeelding 270.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 271.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 271.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 273.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 275.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 276.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 278.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 279.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 280.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 284.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 287.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 285.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 294.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
51reutter
14 years ago
Amazing work congrats, I learn lots with you guys, thanks 😎
Instagram | @early_type
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Great work there. Keep us posted...
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Great work Pascal. Are you booking more projects in at the moment?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
55Kab
14 years ago
So nice to see OG wings saved. Top job.

vintagevw
14 years ago

Great work Pascal. Are you booking more projects in at the moment?

Rich Oakley wrote:

Yes but first is first. :wink:
Send me a PM.  Afbeelding 296.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 299.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 303.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 304.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 305.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 308.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 312.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
14 years ago
I worked on the wings this week.
They where dented a lot but repairable.
Also the engine lid is ready for epoxyprimer and primer.
I'm still waiting for repairpannels that I bought in the States, they are at the customs...  Afbeelding 316.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 320.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 323.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 322.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 324.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 325.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 327.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Great work there8)
oval56
14 years ago

Great work there8)

59 Ragtop wrote:

x2
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany