mooney3019
14 years ago
Got my radio, fitted my radio, wired in, working but cannot bring myself to drill a hole or even two in my car what do I do ? have 0 reception with an aerial in the boot,
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
A friend of mine put his antenna on the running board, between the door hines and the front wing. You could reach out of the window and extend it. It looked quite good I thought.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Got my radio, fitted my radio, wired in, working but cannot bring myself to drill a hole or even two in my car what do I do ? have 0 reception with an aerial in the boot,

mooney3019 wrote:

It would be a real shame to drill a hole in such a nice car, I agree. What about one of those ariels that you can stick on the windscreen behind your mirror.
Personally, I don't like radios in classic VWs.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
dry&heavy
14 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

I agree with that rich, if never fitted why fit one :d
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

I agree with that rich, if never fitted why fit one :d

dry&heavy wrote:

Still got the brown-mobile?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
dry&heavy
14 years ago
yeh that brown thing still going strong, all i had to do in a year is change the wheel bearing's which is'nt bad if you think been used every day , but still look's the same can't bring myself to have it sprayed etc.. like it lookin like a rust heap (sorry)
saying this im trying to find some pics of the 52 when it was a rally car
all i know it was on the rally scene in sweden ( if you remember you can still see number 47 on the bonnet )
can anyone help ?
GKL 7
14 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

Yes.I see your ads all over the place,just can't make yourself keep them let alone fit them:lol: :lol:
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Yes.I see your ads all over the place,just can't make yourself keep them let alone fit them:lol: :lol:

'50 Karmann wrote:

'Tis true. I can't get rid of them quick enough. I genuinely dislike them though. I just happen to know a lot about them.
Etzhold1
14 years ago

'Tis true. I can't get rid of them quick enough.:shock: :shock: :shock: I genuinely dislike them though. I just happen to know a lot about them.

Rich Oakley wrote:

So Rich send a few pictures from that radio you have for me !I'll give you a fes euro's for it :wink: :wink:

Guido
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

So Rich send a few pictures from that radio you have for me !I'll give you a fes euro's for it :wink: :wink:

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Hi Guido.

Will do when I get the chance :wink: Hopefully this weekend.

Rich.