58 Convertible
14 years ago
Hi everyone.

My first post here, I have just started to restore a 1958 Convertible and I'm looking for a lot of parts.

Does anybody know where i can find the most correct reinforcements under the heater channels ( sorry, I don't know the correct word for this ).

Kind Regards
Ola
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago
Welcome to pre67 Ola.

I'm not sure that anyone repro's those panels. I think you'll have to look to the States for buying some good used that have been taken off a car or have some fabricated.

zelensis61
14 years ago
There are some supliers but none have the 100% correct ones.
You can always make your own...and could have a look at Andreas homepage in his Hebmuller resto project.
There you see the aftermarket rails that he changed to original specs.
https://www.oval56.de/inhalt_heb.html 
https://www.oval56.de/inhalt_heb_6.html  :wink:

Not sure where you are located but towards sweden :
BBT in Belgium can deliver it,
Karmann Konnection Uk and some others can suply it,
Some German supliers can do it.
And probably some Swedish guys can suply them also but on those I have no clue.

Just ask them. Greetings Peter

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
14 years ago
I purchased a NOS set from someone here in the U.K,his friend had taken all measurements and was reproducing.
Don't know names but the original seller posts on vzi as Raddubs and Englishmen.
58 Convertible
14 years ago
Thanks for the replies!

After looking at the pictures from the Hebmüller the ones on the car seems to be original, which I didn't thought from the beginning.
The look al little more "rough made" than the rest of the car, is that correct?

However the are rusted so maybe I should just be satisfied with the repros that are available from the Swedish dealers...

I have just bought a 59 sedan donor with good heater channels and some other metal that I need for the Convertible

Kind Regards
Ola