GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
What year did the lens have the VW at the bottom?

I can see the prof coming from a mile off,come on Rich what year,i've found one and don't know what it is off.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
49/50 if single eyebrow, pre-49 if double eyebrow.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
Single brow i think Rich,so 49/50.Not a great pic but.....  rsz_lens_001.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Yep, 49/50.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
ianmac
14 years ago
sorry to hijack this thread, but I am trying to match a pair of lenses for my '51, it currently has the following mismatch lenses and I cannot decide which is correct, the first looks like this:

It has a 'hella' logo at the bottom and no VW logo;

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

and the other has a VW logo at the top and at the bottom a circle logo with the word 'Bosch' beneath it and finally a wiggly line (snake) beneath that:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The questions are: 1. Which is correct? and 2. does anyone have a matching one for sale?

BTW the plain Hella one looks best IMO:wink:

Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Top one without VW logo is a replacement Hella lens, not factory. Second one appears to have a 'snake' below the Bosch logo. If this is the case, it's '53 or later.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
Ian
Bottom pic is a Bosch lens in a Hella rim so mis-matched.
Etzhold1
14 years ago
I have one Hella headlight for sale , with VW logo on top !
and the correct ring with one rivet, logo and arrow below !
also a set with vw logo below for sale and a few othere headlighs
Guido:wink: