Caledfryn
13 years ago
It's long been a whinge of mine regarding the bahviour of the 'Great British Public' at car shows. It seems that there are people out there who think that the price of admission to the show allows them to open doors, decklids and generally poke about other people's cars on display.

Today was a classic example ...a friend and I are walking around the historic display when I spy a bloke in his 50s with his mate opening up the decklid of an Oval. As the owner of an Oval myself I paused to look, and it was only when he shut the decklid and walked off to start opening the door of another car did I realise that he was just an ignorant $%$&wit and not the owner of the car.

Kids on bikes and flying camera straps notwithstanding, when did this typeof behaviour become the norm?

Rant over. As you were.

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
oval56
13 years ago
i do recognize this bad behavior also in the past time, i had several discussions also, the best was the thing with my 56...

a guy went straight to the engine lid, looked first trough the cabrio vent's on the lid and than he tried to open the lid without askeing me before (regular t-handle without a lock, but with a simo lock installed:wink: ) so after the first try he pulled harder and i was next to his girlfriend, so i grabed her on her ass and she looked very angry to me and her boyfriend looked in the same moment also very angry..... and i told him: you grab on my toy without asking before i have now done the same on your "toy" :shock: :lol: :wink: .... (by the way it was not the best ass i grabbed in my life :lol:)....

the bad thing is the most people react very angry if you tell them that the should put off their fingers fast.
putting shoes on bumpers, kids standing on runningboards, touching fresh waxed and polished cars with slippery fingers opening doors or lids... i had everything in the past 15 years :roll: :twisted:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
13 years ago
You want to try trading at shows.. the same people seem to think that they paid to get in so the parts on display should be free! :roll:

Last year at volksworld I had kids "driving" their toy cars over the bodywork of my oval.. I shouted at them.. it apears it was the first time they had been told off in their little lives! :evil:
www.vwoval.co.uk
356boy
13 years ago
i parked my 50 sunroof split up outside my stall at stanford hall on sunday only for 2 kids to boot a football at it 3 times, dickhead owner of the kids had no control over them, i suppose i should have gave them a thick ear like i would have got.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

i parked my 50 sunroof split up outside my stall at stanford hall on sunday only for 2 kids to boot a football at it 3 times, dickhead owner of the kids had no control over them, i suppose i should have gave them a thick ear like i would have got.

356boy wrote:

A knife in the football usually puts a stop to that.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago

i suppose i should have gave them a thick ear like i would have got.

356boy wrote:

Quite. Aren't one of those nice 3 chaps you good people will be voting for soon going to help here...!!!:lol:

55Kab
13 years ago

so after the first try he pulled harder and i was next to his girlfriend, so i grabed her on her ass and she looked very angry to me and her boyfriend looked in the same moment also very angry..... and i told him: you grab on my toy without asking before i have now done the same on your "toy"

oval56 wrote:

Love it, nice one Andi. :beer:

55Kab
13 years ago

when did this typeof behaviour become the norm?

Caledfryn wrote:

When the UK went do-gooder mad 😳 ...which was about the same time a shitty old Beetle that was soon going to meet its maker at the scrappy became cool by "slammin the fcuk out of it" and calling it Rat-Look. :twisted:

Sunroof53
13 years ago
The opening of the engine lid is a common one .I often thought of rigging somthing so when you open the lid you get squirted with oil or somthing :twisted: .Maybe i have been watching too much Herbie .:wink:
64rotbox
13 years ago
I wish I'd had the presence of mind to do it yesterday, but a technique I've used in the past is just to engage said decklid fiddler in conversation, being all friendly. Agree on how nice it all looks, mention the presence of the correct sticker on the air cleaner or whatever, then ask them how long they've owned the car and where they got it from... then you can either watch them slope off or have a blazing row, depending on the attitude you get back. Always fun.
You can call me Al.
356boy
13 years ago

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to do it yesterday, but a technique I've used in the past is just to engage said decklid fiddler in conversation, being all friendly. Agree on how nice it all looks, mention the presence of the correct sticker on the air cleaner or whatever, then ask them how long they've owned the car and where they got it from... then you can either watch them slope off or have a blazing row, depending on the attitude you get back. Always fun.

64rotbox wrote:

friggin flamethrower:twisted:
Etzhold1
13 years ago

Love it, nice one Andi. :beer:

55Kab wrote:

X 10 I regret that I was not there that moment !:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oval56
13 years ago

X 10 I regret that I was not there that moment !:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Etzhold1 wrote:

and for a good friend of me it had been better if he had not seen that in that moment, becaus he did the same a year later and got some trouble from the real ownder of the curvy toy :shock: :wink: where he grabbed the ass 😳

so be carefull if you try it :lol: :lol: :beer:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany