geedub
  • geedub
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi I have not posted on here or many other UK forums for some time due partly to having a baby arrive but mostly because of previous bad experiences on internet forums.The last time I was on here I was advertising a 59 beetle and had some very welcome and helpful comments from some of the pre 67 members. Then it all went a bit wayward when someone jumped in and started accusing another user of rushing round my house to sniff out my car.I have since learnt that this particular individual has a history of sticking their oar in and causing agro.I will refuse to mention names but it just puts me off I have experienced this on other Uk forums but not on the US sites,they seem to be reasonably t**t free Anyway what I wanted to say was I hope I can have my faith restored in internet forums like this and others by some constructive and meaningful comments etc.

So this is what I am looking for,I have a collection of bits n bobs I need to shift but have little or no idea of their value or in some cases what they even are this is down to me being a bit of a novice. Anyway I would like someone to help me with rough prices of the bits I have for sale.I do not expect top money for them just a fair price to get shot of them whilst hopefully making someone else happy and giving me some funds for my project . Hopefully not to much to ask ? In return I will send whoever helps me some of the proceeds or some items.Sorry if this is all a bit long winded its just how it is thanks in advance Graham
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
13 years ago
Hello

You will find the know it all idiots / trouble makers(keyboard Warriors) where ever you go... you've got to just try to rise above it... and its not always easy.

To be honest, anyone who helps value stuff or identify things should be doing it for the love of the hobby... I sometimes sell stuff fon behalf of other people and then get a cut.. but not just for helping out with a bit of info.

Anyway, the problem with old VW parts is that some will think they are worth a lot more or less than others... there is no correct answer.. the only real way to find a true value is a full decent description and using ebay ... but not everyone is an ebay fan.

you are welcome to email me some pictures and i'll try to help with identity ... but remember if I see something I need... I'll tell you its worth £1

:d
www.vwoval.co.uk
geedub
  • geedub
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago

Hello

You will find the know it all idiots / trouble makers(keyboard Warriors) where ever you go... you've got to just try to rise above it... and its not always easy.

To be honest, anyone who helps value stuff or identify things should be doing it for the love of the hobby... I sometimes sell stuff fon behalf of other people and then get a cut.. but not just for helping out with a bit of info.

Anyway, the problem with old VW parts is that some will think they are worth a lot more or less than others... there is no correct answer.. the only real way to find a true value is a full decent description and using ebay ... but not everyone is an ebay fan.

you are welcome to email me some pictures and i'll try to help with identity ... but remember if I see something I need... I'll tell you its worth £1

:d

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

yeah fair comment I am just uploading the pics see what ya think and as you are the first to respond pick what ya want if you need it as long as its not more than a pound:d .
pre67vw
13 years ago
Sorry you had a bit of a bad experience last time around, I think sometimes online life takes a bit of getting used to - it's all too easy for people to hide behind usernames and act in a manner that they wouldn't really do in real life. You just have to thicken your skin and try to get the most out of it you can.

As for your request, I would have thought it was easy enough to figure out the values of most things without help, just check out the classifieds here, on the samba and eBay. If what you have isn't on those sites then post it up here and we'll try and value it for you. If you do decide you still want someone to help you make sure they don't say "that's not worth anything, tell you what - I'll take that off your hands to do you a favour" :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
13 years ago

yeah fair comment I am just uploading the pics see what ya think and as you are the first to respond pick what ya want if you need it as long as its not more than a pound:d .

geedub wrote:

:lol:

I look forward to seeing the pics..

I might be able to stretch to £2 😛
www.vwoval.co.uk
13 years ago

If you do decide you still want someone to help you make sure they don't say "that's not worth anything, tell you what - I'll take that off your hands to do you a favour" :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

exactly.
www.vwoval.co.uk
geedub
  • geedub
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Thanks Julian you have a pm.
pre67vw
13 years ago
So the guy wants us to restore his faith in Internet forums and his thread turns into a grudge match that I end up having to clean up - nice going guys...[-x
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
13 years ago
It makes you wonder doesnt it?
www.vwoval.co.uk
geedub
  • geedub
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Good Lord what's going on I have just come on here after a long day and see the comments above ???????????????? forgive me but I am lost again :?
geedub
  • geedub
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Grudge match ????????? think I will resort to spending my time doing things constructive instead of forums :cry: 😞 :? :?: :!:
pre67vw
13 years ago

Good Lord what's going on I have just come on here after a long day and see the comments above ???????????????? forgive me but I am lost again :?

geedub wrote:

Hey, don't worry - it's all cleaned up, nothing to see here :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago
Damn I missed all the "fun". Yep forums can be all things to all men...like life you meet all kinds. Don't give up on forum as personally I find the good guys outnumber the bad guys 50 to 1.

I couldn't give the forums up, the thought of not making friends with some of the nicest and most generous spirits from all over the world would depress me no end. Faith will be easily restored if you cultivate the good ones and ignore the bad.
John.