55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
On Sunday, for the first time, the Garden Grove VW Dealership (California) opened its doors to the AC crowd.

Drag racing aside, for me this small event represents the epitome of everything good about the VW "scene", where stock and Resto-Cal mixed it happily together with seemingly no or very little shitty (Ratty) looking bug's or buses.

Great so see the stockers and Resto-Cal's in the dealership, can you imagine a UK dealer doing this...???

Tks to DHK for the photos. Gotta love that California sunshine :!:

Garden Grove p1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Garden Grove p2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Garden Grove p3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

On Sunday, for the first time, the Garden Grove VW Dealership (California) opened its doors to the AC crowd.

Drag racing aside, for me this small event represents the epitome of everything good about the VW "scene", where stock and Resto-Cal mixed it happily together with seemingly no or very little shitty (Ratty) looking bug's or buses.

Great so see the stockers and Resto-Cal's in the dealership, can you imagine a UK dealer doing this...???

Tks to DHK for the photos. Gotta love that California sunshine :!:

55Kab wrote:

Lovely!

Incidentally, a few VW dealerships have done this over the years. I remember seeing a few pictures on VZi earlier in the year where a dealership showroom had been filled with 60s and 70s stock and stock-ish VWs.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Robb
13 years ago
excellent photos! love how Franks car has turned out 😎
vintagebug
13 years ago

Gotta love that California sunshine :!:

55Kab wrote:

Don't you see much sunshine in Qatar then, Martin??

:wink:
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"