Ovaltine
13 years ago

...And i can assure you,you do not own a classic VW either.Not by what you have already told us.
My posts always closely follow yours, because on every occassion you take to your keyboard here, you either insult or offend someone and most of the time the person offended is someone i know,so i am naturally going to stick up for that person,rather than a total offensive stranger,who insists on remaining anonymous.
I have had several e-mails from other members here asking,and i put this far more politely than it was asked of me,who's the idiot???
So Ovaltine,if you want to remain offensive,why hide?Stand by your words.Come out from behind the handle.Identify yourself.Maybe then if it's a recognised name,you may be taken seriously.But i doubt it.
There again, it might all be Bullshit,you know like you coming around to excavate my garden,that didn't happen either did it:roll:
I'm behind you:twisted: :lol:

'50 wrote:

My '70 is not a classic VW? Its not a pre'67, so what, to me its a lovely scruffy 40 year old air-cooled Beetle.

Its because there are individuals like you around, that people are able to partake in these internet activities without having to provide their name or other personal information. You took a pop at me not long after I joined, then there's the threat made to Tony's car.(I saw your post!!!!) As for your garden, I seriously hate to think what you have buried there – you seem to have too much time on your hands – you're here every single day.

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
69project
13 years ago
guys i think you really both need to chill out

ovaltine-as much as it is your opinion this site is just not really into some of your outlooks whether relevant or not.i visit here and volkzone and i know you may not like it but you are just not doing yourself any favours with such aggressive views.yes some people can be a bit stuffy(in a preserving the essence of the site way) or only interested in pre67vws only but thats the nature of the site as a way of talking to likewise people,in the same way that when i want to read abt boobs/arguments/and sob stories i go on volkzone

so this car that george wants,is it that rare beast known as a 412,as he seems to have had most other vws and fancies something that no one else has?
Car less.....
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

so this car that george wants,is it that rare beast known as a 412,as he seems to have had most other vws and fancies something that no one else has?

69project wrote:

You'll have to ask George that.

John.
pre67vw
13 years ago

what's he waiting for

Ovaltine wrote:

I think he's saving up for a scruffy '70.

I don't care if George owns a vintage VW or not, whether he can afford it or not - none of that is important. What is important is that he's an active person within the hobby, which he is. Likewise it doesn't matter that you don't own a pre '67.

I remember a few years back when George was taking two cars to Bad Camberg, driving them - not taking them on a trailer. Obviously he couldn't drive two at the same time so he lent one to a mate (in itself a very generous gesture). Then the one George was driving had an engine problem and had to be left at BBT in Belgium, so he jumped in his other car - but being the sterling fellow he is, he didn't take the drivers seat - he rode as a passenger. I think generosity like that is rare these days, George is definately one of the good guys.

You on the otherhand, we have very little information about as you're not willing to come out from behind your username. We have no idea if you go to shows - no idea if you help others in the hobby. Helping people and sharing information is how you get your opinion respected, hiding behind your username spouting rants - nobody cares what you think and just wishes you go away. All we know about you is that you moan at most things and are not a fan of making friends with pre 67 forum members.

Oh and you like to bring up old arguments again and again, for example any valid discussion of what should/shouldn't happen to the VW38 ended when the Grundmanns decided to restore it - any further discussion is pointless and only serves to make yourself appear like a moaning old git.

The spat between George and Standardsplit is old news, move on.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
13 years ago

You took a pop at me not long after I joined, then there's the threat made to Tony's car.(I saw your post!!!!) As for your garden, I seriously hate to think what you have buried there – you seem to have too much time on your hands – you're here every single day.

Ovaltine wrote:

Yes i took a "pop" at you,not surprising your arrogant way of posting deserves it.You seem to want to ignore the fact other people have also had a "pop" at you.You've been called a Dickhead and a Troll by others but choose to ignore it:?
Point two,you keep insisting i threatened "Tony's" car,not true i aimed my comments at it's present owner Standardsplit not the car.A fact that the moderator here accepts as i apologised at the time, he has asked you on a number of occassions to not keep bringing it up,but it would appear you love to try and cause trouble.
So as you keep insisting on saying different,i will take this oppurtunity to call you a LIAR.
My garden is very tidy,nothing is buried there,i like it that way.
And finally there goes your arrogance again,who the hell are you to say how i will spend my time.There is no time limit as to how long and how often you can visit this website.
You have not come here to gain knowledge,or to share what you may already know.You have come to inflict your opinions on people, whether they are right or wrong, because in your mind, they are yours so they MUST be correct.
I only wish the forum had,like some other websites, an ignore button.Where you are concerned it would probably be the most commonly used feature amongst the members here.
GKL 7
13 years ago
Just realised it's Friday.
Time for Ovaltine to do his regular weekly wind up.
Can't be arssed with this idiot anymore he's so predictable,one of you guys can take over:lol: :lol:
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Bloody hell ^^^ that's a good story and some serious vintage tin. Have you got a photo of the 54 Oval?

Oh and Ovaltine...I think you'll find that when another special car comes along that takes George's fancy you'll see him in another vintage VW. In fact we're all waiting for that but because the car that George wants doesn't come up very often, we may need to wait a little while... :wink:

55Kab wrote:

With all those special cars George listed you want to see the oval :lol: what about the sunroof standard split ?

I think I know what George is after but will leave that for him to share or not.

George - any of those cars still around that you know of ? I was born in '74 :lol: :beer:

Sunroof53
13 years ago
The Grundmans TV programme was good, wasnt it :roll: :wink: .I bet they're really pround knowing that there museum and cars create such excitement amongst friendly enthusiasts :lol:

Mike
GKL 7
13 years ago

George - any of those cars still around that you know of ?

nev wrote:

Kev, apart from the '52 sunroof,which is in California,they are all still here in the U.K
GKL 7
13 years ago

I think i will not post anymore pics
Christian

fantakid wrote:

Mike,with all due respect.
Because of the comments of one person the above quote may be the case.
A great loss for us all,i think you will agree.Hence a lot of the animosity.
Ovaltine
13 years ago

So as you keep insisting on saying different,i will take this oppurtunity to call you a LIAR.

'50 Karmann wrote:

[-x

Subject is closed :wink:

lou cypher
13 years ago

[-x

Ovaltine wrote:

Are you still here! :roll:
You must have skin as thick as the armour on a Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H

Why do you always want the last say...... :roll:

It's saturday afternoon so do us all a favour and go play in the fast lane of the M25, maybe that'll shut you up :d
Ovaltine
13 years ago

Are you still here! :roll:
You must have skin as thick as the armour on a Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H

Why do you always want the last say...... :roll:

It's saturday afternoon so do us all a favour and go play in the fast lane of the M25, maybe that'll shut you up :d

lou cypher wrote:

I was drawing a line.:roll:

Thanks for your suggestion, but the M11 is nearer. Traffic moves faster there too :evil:

55Kab
13 years ago

With all those special cars George listed you want to see the oval :lol: what about the sunroof standard split ?

I think I know what George is after but will leave that for him to share or not

nev wrote:

Ah well there was reason I posted that question and that is I've seen all his other cars. :wink:

I know what he's after but will not elude to it here as I may buy it first if one comes up :!: 😳 :lol: :wink:

vintagebug
13 years ago

With all those special cars George listed you want to see the oval :lol:

nev wrote:

Any guesses for Martin's next project then?? :lol:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
55Kab
13 years ago

Any guesses for Martin's next project then?? :lol:

vintagebug wrote:

Already got that Dave, it's the one AFTER that :wink: :lol:

GKL 7
13 years ago

Ah well there was reason I posted that question and that is I've seen all his other cars. :wink:

55Kab wrote:

I feel strange now,someone's been watching me all these years and i never clocked them:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't have a picture i'm afraid Martin.Something i could have kicked myself for.I wish now i had a picture of every VW i've owned.Didn't mention a lot of them,Rob would have kicked me off here:wink:

But you would have approved of what a couple of owners down the line did to it:roll:
Let's say,it took a visit to JMR.It was the black one John used to have on his website doing a burnout.I saw it once at a show in Holland,but never since.It was in the Leeds area for donkeys.
64rotbox
13 years ago

It was the black one John used to have on his website doing a burnout.I saw it once at a show in Holland,but never since.It was in the Leeds area for donkeys.

'50 Karmann wrote:

The one in this video, about 5 mins in?

If so, then I think the last time I saw that was around 8 years ago, and it was doing a 'burnout' in a crowded camping field at B*g J*m. The car looked in a pretty sorry state, and the owner - not the same chap as in the video, it had been sold on a couple of times since then - looked (and acted) like a complete f*ckwit. Oh well...
You can call me Al.
GKL 7
13 years ago
That's the one Ben.
TKX 836.
I spoke to Rob Tomlinson at VW Euro in Holland,i must say, a very nice lad, obviously not the same individual as you witnessed later.

And one other little bit of info i remembered, purchase price of the car to me with 12 months tax and test......

.....£300,ah!the good old days
GKL 7
13 years ago

The car looked in a pretty sorry state

64rotbox wrote:

Found some recent pictures,over on the darkside(it has it's uses:wink: )
I think the car looks well.If it came up for sale,i think sentiment would step in and i'd buy it.
You'll just have to ask yourself would i take it back to Stock:wink:
 DSC_0005.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_0009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0332.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.