😎
William
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
I was thinking the very same. Time was there was hardly a post some days and now itΒ΄s like Grand Central Station. Good stuff!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
59 Ragtop
13 years ago

Great indeed8)
54 Gertie
13 years ago

I was thinking the very same. Time was there was hardly a post some days and now itΒ΄s like Grand Central Station. Good stuff!

JD wrote:

I'm checking in every 20 minutes maybe, always a few new posts, as you say there was a bit of a slump a few weeks/months ago when over a day could go past, and then when something did turn up it was just Ovaltine bitching about the VW38.

Loving it. :beer:
William
pre67vw
13 years ago

Loving it. :beer:

54 Gertie wrote:

Me too! :thumbup:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
69project
13 years ago
>> Moved

Is it just me or is pre67 going strong in 2011,most vistors ever online was ydy at ten past midnight and the adding of posts is getting so fast im struggling to keep up with whats happening!

cant be a bad thing though with more input(even ovaltines :oops: )
Car less.....
pre67vw
13 years ago
Does seem to be yep!

Very quiet a little while ago and I was getting worried...

:beer: :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
13 years ago

8)
'50 Karmann wrote:

Burn you Bastard,i'm asbestos

54 Gertie wrote:

Pah, I need to be faster, I wanted that one for myself! :lol:

I think everyone was busy with annoying christmassy stuff before, glad its all over.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Rattletrap
13 years ago
Its great that it's humming along.

A few regulars seem to have gone though.:mellow:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
13 years ago

A few regulars seem to have gone though.:mellow:

Rattletrap wrote:

Yes that's a shame,but people have left over the years for all sorts of reasons.
One even, because someone posted a picture of a Kublewagen that also showed a Swastika.
They may return after they see how things are picking up.Or maybe it's like E.T he doesn't come out of hibernation until the end of March.
mrsherbie
13 years ago
I think you are taking it too literally, I found it funny for an entirely different reason, not at all to do with who it was aimed at originally.( I think probably in the same way as Gertie)
It is just a funny statement thats all :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Rattletrap
13 years ago
Rattletrap's taken a battering at some time or another, worst of all from a 10 ton truck in 1990.:cry:

He just comes back for more though....:mellow:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
pre67vw
13 years ago
It's odd - if you walked into a pub, sat down at someone's conversation and started saying some of the things that get said on forums (all forums, not just this one) I don't think it would take long before people told you to f off or worse, yet some people think that because its online and if no one knows your real identity that for some reason things are different, then feel all hard done by when people react badly.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Yes that's a shame,but people have left over the years for all sorts of reasons.
One even, because someone posted a picture of a Kublewagen that also showed a Swastika....

'50 Karmann wrote:

Strange people, George. We all know the horrors of Nazism. If someone is so offended by the swastika, appearing on a vintage VW site, then why are the messing in the world of vintage VWs (which is basically the KdF Wagen). One of the most fascinating images of the early Beetle is that of Hitler presenting his new 'People's Car' to the people. And there are swastikas everywhere.:mellow:

59 Ragtop
13 years ago

Just adding my two-penneth again,it seems to me that this forum is about more than yourself Ovaltine and your hurt pride. This is a Vintage Volkswagen Site,please let it drop so we can talk vws, not about you!!:beer:
Kids taxi
13 years ago
Can I just say that Ive been on here for a number of years and have 'Lurked' but never posted as I havent had much to say ,But I do enjoy th site very much and I do love the banter. I think pre67vw has a very good point about pub conversations etc . Im really enjoying this site now and I cant see myself leaving even if mildly offended by Ovaltine πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

KT

P.s There are others that are strongly opinionated on this forum BUT thats what makes it a good informed place to be :lol:
Im too Old for This
Rattletrap
13 years ago
Every other post seems to be about Ovaltine lately – there must be more interesting subjects to discuss on a Vintage VW site. 😢
GKL 7
13 years ago

Every other post seems to be about Ovaltine lately – there must be more interesting subjects to discuss on a Vintage VW site. 😢

Rattletrap wrote:

What like R*****trap.:p
Rattletrap
13 years ago

What like R*****trap.:p

'50 Karmann wrote:

You're on form I see, George πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

rudolf hucker
13 years ago
I was thinking of starting an Ovaltine fan club!

We 70s Beetle owners must stick together.

Oops another Ovaltine post.