59 Ragtop
13 years ago

Just a bit of a heads up. On the Anglia Car Auctions Website, Classic Car Auction on this coming Saturday, there is an interesting numberplate. It is on a 1958 Morris Oxford 1/2 Ton Pickup, the Reg No is Heb 329! The Auction estimate is £1000-£1750!.Seems to me like an interesting proposition,if you're lucky enough to have a Hebmuller.
Apologies for lack of VW Content:wink:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
13 years ago
I don't think Heb #329 is on the registry.
This is an omen,i should buy the plate and then i will find the car.Plan.

That estimate would certainly be tempting if you owned a Heb.
usariemen
13 years ago
Actually it is not known to exist still,
but it would be even more interesting if one owns Heb #329.
But buying that car for the number plate?
Master of my domaine.
ste VW agen
12 years ago
:idea: :idea: Hallo HEB dreamers!

In Hong Kong:

1) New cars face a "first registration tax" of 100% over the cost of the car (any car),
2) Car park spaces cost 100,000 - 300,000 pounds to buy as buildings only have enough for 0 - 30% of their apartment units.
3) Car Park Spaces "Rent" for 150 - 250 pounds / month.
4) If you want a "Special" Vehicle License plate, you must buy it AT AUCTION.
5) People buy cars all the time here FOR THE PLATE and then discard the car. 😮
6) This explains why NONE of my VW's (except the gold one around my neck) is in Hong Kong!

Just a different perspective :idea:

P.S. I think "59 Ragtop's" post means that HEB - 329 is still lurking in a barn somewhere, yet to be re- discovered! GLK - 7 ........ execute your PLAN! :thumbup:

ste VW e
I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
zelensis61
12 years ago

:idea: :idea: Hallo HEB dreamers!
P.S. I think "59 Ragtop's" post means that HEB - 329 is still lurking in a barn somewhere, yet to be re- discovered! GLK - 7 ........ execute your PLAN! :thumbup:
ste VW e

ste VW agen wrote:

Good Idea? any clue where to start? Maybe Lituania could be a starter...:omg:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pbaptist
12 years ago
Old post

Here is the car in question
UserPostedImage

Maybe, the owner had the Heb329 in his barn and switched the numberplate.
Anyone temping to try it?? :roll:

Patrick
ste VW agen
12 years ago
That was BRILLIANT! :thumbup: I'm Game! Anyone know who is / was the owner? How to find him / her?

Also, does the "HEB" designation have any meaning at the UK Dept of Motor Vehicles; like in Germany (A Town) perhaps? Does it give any clue as to the age of the vehicle or the age of the plate? Or would it just have been a lucky random draw?

FYI : Here in HK, such a plate would also exist and a guy could pull you over & negotiate a deal whereby he could BUY the plate and then have it swapped to his car ......... :idea:
RockStock
12 years ago
mr oakley is your expert on UK reg's, but...

this reg has no additional prefix/suffix letter, so we know it is pre63
here, the letters are before the numbers, so this tells us it is pre-59 or so (1960-1963, numbers came before letters)

the EB locates the original registration to the UK town of Peterborough...

in order for this reg to be transferred to another vehicle, the current car would need a current MOT certificate, and a 'new style' computerised logbook. this came in in the mid 80s or so. if the car wasnt declared at this time, the registration may not be reissued (& the car allocated a non-transferable age-related plate), or reissued but made 'non-transferable'.

i had a 54 oval with the plate 73 BLK (imported in the 60s, hence numbers before letters). it did not have the modern logbook. the DVLA reissued the number, as i had old photos of the car which provided proof it belonged to that car, but declared in non-transferable. plate would have been worth £2000 or so (yes UK pre63 registrations are bought & sold). still annoys me today

i don't think HEB means nothing else in England. I see there is a property auction company in Nottingham called HEB.
StockRocks
ste VW agen
12 years ago
:beer: Thanks Again Rock Stock for your personal insight into this matter. :thumbup:

So the question remains ........... If Northern Monkey DOES come back from Lithuania with HEB - 329 :drool: , AND he buys this Anglia at Auction for the plate, could he be up and rolling on UK roads again with that plate ? :?

Still Dreaming ............... for all of you out there!

ste VW e