Cheers Jules! :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago
Vintage VW hoarders.:x

Still, there's one VW jewel they'll not be getting…:p

Another nice vid from 'Rob Film Corp'.:smile:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
13 years ago

Another nice vid from 'Rob Film Corp'.:smile:

Rattletrap wrote:

They're not hoarders, they're collectors... and very passionate about their cars, not simply accumulating as an investment.

All of their stuff is authentic, so I reckon your jewel is safe for now :wink:

But thanks!! :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
13 years ago

All of their stuff is authentic, so I reckon your jewel is safe for now :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

:rofl:
Rattletrap
13 years ago

……All of their stuff is authentic, so I reckon your jewel is safe for now :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

:evil:

History makes the car as much as the metal Rob… and you know who is stuffed with it. :d

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

:evil:

History makes the car as much as the metal Rob… and you know who is stuffed with it. :d

Rattletrap wrote:

Yeah but by all accounts it's stuffed with other car's history:roll:

John.
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Yeah but by all accounts it's stuffed with other car's history:roll:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Even the VW38 has had to be helped-along with some parts from elsewhere (a lot really) to get it back together.:mellow:

lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Even the VW38 has had to be helped-along with some parts from elsewhere (a lot really) to get it back together.:mellow:

Rattletrap wrote:

That's true but many of the parts sourced and used had never been used before. Even the parts and panels that had to be constructed belong to none but the VW38 006. That to me counts as a pretty pure history.

John.
Rattletrap
13 years ago

That's true but many of the parts sourced and used had never been used before. Even the parts and panels that had to be constructed belong to none but the VW38 006. That to me counts as a pretty pure history.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

But which is the car that's restored – the one found in a field or VW38 006 – which one has been recreated. There is not enough of either to be a particular car. So which has the history, in which there's a 70-year gap anyway.:wink:

GKL 7
13 years ago

But which is the car that's restored – the one found in a field or VW38 006 – which one has been recreated. There is not enough of either to be a particular car. So which has the history, in which there's a 70-year gap anyway.:wink:

Ovaltine/Rattletrap wrote:

You'll be back telling us it's too shiny next.:x

pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago
Nice to see another thread trampled all over anyway 😞
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago

You'll be back telling us it's too shiny next.:x

'50 Karmann wrote:

Here we go, back on the merrygoround.:roll:

The VW38s were shiny (gloss finish), the production KdF Wagens and Volkswagens up until the introduction of the DeLuxe model and subsequent renaming of the original to Standard model were generally semi-matt. I have noted however from archive images instances of 1947/48 Beetles with a gloss finish, but also those with the semi-matt. The gloss finish though was not as shiny as modern paints used today.

You continue to align me with Ovaltine, I note looking back through posts you told Ovaltine on one that he was Standard Split, (my previous username which I found necessary to change due to reasons we'll let lie, if a least for the sake of Rob's continuing hard work here).

I found your post of the 'Three Ovaltinies' image from the 1930s campaigh greatly amusing - Standard Split, Ovaltine and Rattletrap being the 'Gang of Three'?.:rofl:

Ovaltine had very much to same view - to a point, lets make clear - as I about the VW38, along with a few others here. I've conceeded that the right decision on the VW38 has been made, and I'm really impressed with the job the Grundmann's have made. My previous post was more with concern as to the identity of the re-borne car.

Rattletrap continues to get digs made at him, but unlike the VW38 his identity has been carried along over the decades, despite the replacement of many panels and parts. :thumbup:

lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Rattletrap wrote:

...and you wonder why.:roll: I think you're here, like "Ovaltine" to alienate rather than illuminate.

I really hope they'll never allow you to visit the Grundmann collection because no matter what, it could never live up to your collection and your mongrel in particular.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind mongrels, in fact I like mongrels but don't ever think they're better.

John.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago
Interesting that neither the VW38 or RT are even in the film...?

But for the record, the VW38 is painted in the correct nitro-cellulose paint - a lot of extra work but something they are rightly very proud of
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago

...I think you're here, like "Ovaltine" to alienate rather than illuminate.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

That's a bit unfair, Ovaltine contributed nothing apart from downright rudeness, bringing things into disrepute here with locked-threads in abundance as a result. I've no wish to 'alienate' at all, there's a great bunch of like-minded people here.:beer:

...I really hope they'll never allow you to visit the Grundmann collection because no matter what, it could never live up to your collection and your mongrel in particular.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Good grief, you're not holding back are you? I'd love to see their collection, if they'll allow me some day, be great to arrive there in Rattletrap. Other than him I'm sure their array of VW gems will out-shine any I have.:wink:

...Don't get me wrong I don't mind mongrels, in fact I like mongrels but don't ever think they're better.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Rattletrap's no pedigree, but nonetheless part of a special Wolfsburg batch. My experience of mongrels in the cat/dog world is that they are your best friend. :wink:

Interesting that neither the VW38 or RT are even in the film...

pre67vw wrote:

Well Rob, saving the best 'til last is the way to do it. For my part I'm looking forward to presenting Rattletrap at Lavenham, I can't speak for the VW38, but it would be really great if it was there to.:smile:

But for the record, the VW38 is painted in the correct nitro-cellulose paint - a lot of extra work but something they are rightly very proud of

pre67vw wrote:

Now I actually thought the VW38s were shiny from the archive images of them on the Autobhan. But what a great paint finish for a great car.:thumbup:

lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago
Well you might think my observations are a "little unfair" and this is the first time I've "had a go" but it seems to me you rarely miss a chance to inflate your "feature" cars at others expense.

I just think occasionally a little humility will go a long way.
John.
GKL 7
13 years ago
Like i have commented before,but someone chooses to ignore, incase he hears something that doesn't maintain his ego trip.

GIVE ME THE NUMBERS AND I'LL PROVE IT ALL A LIE
Bjoern
13 years ago
Hello rattletrap
Why should Christian bring the 38 to a Show in England ( or lavenham ) if it is a copy or a Fake ?
I think you have no idea of a real Restauration or can you Show Us here your pre 45 restaured Cars ?
Why do the owners of those old beetles like Hermann Walter Not Show their Cars befor or during the resto ? Thats because of People like you !!!
SO be quiet and be happy that the grundmanns shared their resto with the vw comunity ( what did you do for the vw World ? )
Björn