Rattletrap
13 years ago

My '50 Standard is not black, but dark blue :wink: .

kafermann wrote:

You're getting confused with my '50 Deluxe, Rattletrap – he's black.

My '52 Standard is the same as your '50 Standard – dark blue. The wheels on mine are all blue (no white relief), and bumpers and hub caps black. I think that your hubcaps should be black too, not silver and wheels all blue as mine. 48 RME (Nicolas) here is our Standard model expert, he could advise you.:smile:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
kafermann
13 years ago
Sorry for my mistake :oops: . Could you send me some picture of your '52 Standard? You can send at [email protected] Thank you.
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Bet he hate's my 66 with it's nose down front :omg:

jupiter8 wrote:

That's a fine '66 you have.:wink:

Sorry for my mistake :oops: . Could you send me some picture of your '52 Standard? You can send at [email protected] Thank you.

kafermann wrote:

I've no digital pics of the '52 Standard, I'll need to scan a photo or pull the car out for a digital pic.:smile:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
69project
13 years ago

That's a fine '66 you have.:wink:

I've no digital pics of the '52 Standard, I'll need to scan a photo or pull the car out for a digital pic.:smile:

Rattletrap wrote:

i live in london and will gladly pop round and take pictures of all your cars for you if,i will even wash them so they look shiney for photos....:lol:
Car less.....
Rattletrap
13 years ago

i live in london and will gladly pop round and take pictures of all your cars for you if,i will even wash them so they look shiney for photos....:lol:

69project wrote:

:evil:

This'll never look shiny, wash as you will…

Rattytrap, (Rattletrap's cousin) is my ultra scruffy RHD '58 and my daily driver. Always turns heads and gets lots of smiles around London.:smile:
 Rattytrap.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
13 years ago

:evil:

This'll never look shiny, wash as you will…

Rattytrap, (Rattletrap's cousin) is my ultra scruffy RHD '58 and my daily driver. Always turns heads and gets lots of smiles around London.:smile:

Rattletrap wrote:

Is that de-chromed to look like a Standard? Seems to have the full headliner...?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Is that de-chromed to look like a Standard? Seems to have the full headliner...?

pre67vw wrote:

Ha! Standard split driving a 'cal look', thats made my day. :rofl:

I like it though, John. You wouldn't want to take something with cherished bodywork through London. :thumbup:
William
Rattletrap
13 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

Alas, its a Deluxe that fell victim to the shortage of RHD Standard '58s. Was pulled out of a garden after 24 years. Its taken over 12 years of London sun, rain and snow as well as over 2 gallons of Waxoyl applied to the exterior over that long 12 year period to achieve this car's look. Believe me, its not a finish you can 'fake' over a few months. Even has moss growing too. I may plant some daffs for the spring. Other than that it is fairly original.:smile:

This car is just so good in London traffic, and of course keeps up with everything else. Semaphores always cause a smile. Journeys can take longer on account of all the people that want to stop and talk about Rattytrap. Rattletrap's getting jeleous.:d

I like it though, John. You wouldn't want to take something with cherished bodywork through London. :thumbup:

54 Gertie wrote:

Exactly, you won't see my '49 around London. I'm planting tulips on that one George.:twisted:

Ha! Standard split driving a 'cal look', thats made my day. :rofl:

54 Gertie wrote:

Ovaltine's borrowing it next week.:mellow:

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Oh man! That car is brilliant!
I bet nobody dares come near it in traffic, in case it´s catching.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
13 years ago

JD wrote:

Mothers shield their children from my car, I'm sure they think they'll 'catch something'. :rofl:
William
mooney3019
13 years ago
Mine also at Ragley last year

UserPostedImage

https://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y380/mooney3019/DSCF1997.jpg 
Rattletrap
13 years ago

JD wrote:

Thanks JD. It really is such a fun car to drive around in, even the notorious London cab drivers keep away!

The only work I needed to get Rattytrap back on the road was a new N/S heater channel section and a new set of brake lines and wheel cylinders. The only non-original fitting I have on the car is a set of rear 'coil over' shocks.8)
neil314
13 years ago
Here's mine - recently acquired. Generally good & largely original with history from day including the actual cheque the first owner used to pay for the car - £600 in September '67! A few issues need sorting but it runs so I can take care of these over time.  Beetle2.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
RoRoVw
13 years ago

Here's mine - recently acquired. Generally good & largely original with history from day including the actual cheque the first owner used to pay for the car - £600 in September '67! A few issues need sorting but it runs so I can take care of these over time.

neil314 wrote:

Looking good, Neil.
And it's a basic 1200A, isn't it?
neil314
13 years ago
Certainly is - as it left the factory apart from the addition of a passenger sun visor in 1969. Very late as it was built in June 67 but not registered until the September, by which time the 'new' models were out which is why he originally paid £600 all in - quite a hefty £40 discount for no trade in. Looking forward to getting out & about in it.
mooney3019
13 years ago
certainly was remember talking to you, thought you were from Telford from some reason not redditch !
12 years ago
my babies ;
1960 swedish de luxe
UserPostedImage
my homemade kubelwagen replica
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
12 years ago

my babies ;
1960 swedish de luxe
UserPostedImage
my homemade kubelwagen replica