RoRoVw
13 years ago
Entry to The Historic Beetle Display is now closed with the absolute maximum number of 40 beetles being reached - never before has there been such a fantastic number for this Display. In addition there are another 8 or 9 beetles in the Historic VW Club display, also in front of the House, plus the Class 1 Concours entries there as well.
Thanks to everyone who has entered and let's hope that all the cars can actually make it for a fantastic array of early beetles. :smile:
mooney3019
13 years ago
I'm going entered the concours, do hold out much hope though ! hope the weathers like it is this week, looking forward to see LT's oval
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago

It's a new rule this year, miss one and it's a caution, miss a second and you can't enter again until the year after next :thumbdn:
Strange philosophy for a show wanting to maintain/ attract as many top concours car as it can, my experience is that there are not that many on the circuit as it is, especially cars built in the 50's.

harveypj wrote:

thats stupid, especially as standard vws are so rare these days. the weather was rank last year, think i stopped for an hour, then left....
samghia
13 years ago
Oval in for MOT 26th all going well i;ll be their.

Cheers
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
Caledfryn
13 years ago
Just checked AA Routeplanner.

160 miles - 3 hours

Sounds a bit optimistic to me! :d

Think I should get to bed in a bit as I'm not particularly well known for my puntuality first thing in the morning.

64rotbox
13 years ago
320 miles with an engine repaired using a Corn Flakes box and some instant gasket sealer. Can't wait. You have got a valid recovery card, haven't you?
You can call me Al.