GKL 7
12 years ago

Flux are only brokers not the insurance company

AW wrote:

Yes the policy would have been with Aviva.
So i rang them.They agreed they would insure the car for the required amount.I spoke to a valuer at the valuation department.
So i rang Flux back quoteing names and figures.They refused to change the agreed sum.Like banging your head on a wall.

As far as the right to cancel Dave.You see, no documents arrive within the cancellation period,so you know how it is, you wait a while incase they do.And then you're stuffed.

John,i was aware of the Trading Standards route.I was even contemplating contacting the Insurance Ombudsman and reporting the matter.But i was lazy and regarded it as hassle.Stupid of me.

They still send me e-mails,telling me what a great company they are and would i be interested in a policy. Errr! NO.
vintagebug
12 years ago

As far as the right to cancel Dave.You see, no documents arrive within the cancellation period,so you know how it is, you wait a while incase they do.And then you're stuffed.

GKL 7 wrote:

Yep, I know what you mean.

John,i was aware of the Trading Standard route.I was even contemplating contacting the Insurance Ombudsman and reporting the matter.But i was lazy and regarded it as hassle.Stupid of me..

GKL 7 wrote:

You should've contacted me George- I would've got onto Trading Standards right away, to get my money back. After all George, as someone said recently, I'm a stingy Scot, aren't I? :wink:

They still send me e-mails,telling me what a great company they are and would i be interested in a policy. Errr! NO.

GKL 7 wrote:

You can unsubscribe to those marketing emails. Do that & by law they're not allowed to send you any more of them, or you can report them for it.

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
heb623
12 years ago

I'm a stingy Scot, aren't I? :wink:

vintagebug wrote:

Tell me something new Dave!!!: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
RoRoVw
12 years ago

Ah so I need to be a member. It's been a long time since I was a member of the Historic Club, time to step up & re-join!

vintagebug wrote:

That sounds like a good plan. The membership secretary, Nigel Wallace will be delighted to welcome you back - as we all will!

Join here:

https://www.historicvws.org.uk/ 
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
This is an intresting thread :thumbup: Still looking do vwoc GB recomend any one???
I know on another type of car forum thay have a special deal with a broker and you phone him up in person and he gives very good terms to enthusiasts. It seams he is in to the car that every one is in to on that site and thay do a load of buissnes. Pitty there is no one in the vintage VW world that can do the same (perhaps a buisnes oppatunity if a broker was to take it on board):o

Andy w