Ive made the decision to sell my beetle, tears will be shed when it goes

:unsure:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Robb
13 years ago
mooney3019
13 years ago
we are starting a family, I will get another though! (at some point) dont get me wrong I don't want to sell it but I rarely drive it, congrats on the weekend by the way your car was stunning, the car that beat you I dont think gets used much, would have put money on yours !
Robb
13 years ago

yer Roys car is purely for shows, i'll pip him to the post next time ;)

surely you'd be hard pushed to find another as original as this?
mooney3019
13 years ago
everyone I have had has been like this beetle, I will sniff out another at some point, I didnt agree with the points scoring at the weekend, the gave me 16/20 for the engine bay, I wouldnt mind but they didnt even look in the engine bay !! nevermind!
Robb
13 years ago
i know what you mean, i didnt get as many points as i thought i would. The guy who painted my car was there too, as hes super fussy he checked out Roys 67, and without being biased, he thought the paintwork was a little dodgy in places on his. :shock:

ah well, like they say, its the taking part, im just pleased to have had the opportunity to display my car. Favourite show of the year for me :thumbup:
mooney3019
13 years ago
it is the best show, I looked at his paint too, under spare wheel well was not great, I couldn't understand why your car got such a difference in points, I suppose to keep the regulars happy!:d :d
Robb
13 years ago
:d

well i was only 6 points off, so with some crossplies next year i wont be far off. i want to mop the whole car again too. :rofl:
beefykeefy
13 years ago

we are starting a family, I will get another though! (at some point) dont get me wrong I don't want to sell it but I rarely drive it, congrats on the weekend by the way your car was stunning, the car that beat you I dont think gets used much, would have put money on yours !

mooney3019 wrote:

I had 3 year old twins when I bought my Beetle, then had another kid two years after that... having nippers doesn't always mean bye-bye Bug.

Believe me, as much as I love my kids to bits, take it from me you'll be glad of the ''escape'' to the Beetle occasionally :beer:
cupa65
13 years ago
Hi

I looked at your engine bay at Stanford. Forgive me for stating the obvious but it looked factory fresh to me. Including white batch factory paint and vw stamped fuel hose clips.

I thought it was cock on! Television dint excluded! Unless it was a 1965 Bush valve TV that is, then it would be classed as period patina!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps can I have your oil cooler?
mooney3019
13 years ago
I cant believe your having problems with the oil cooler ! nos is the way, if you can find one, you wont believe it but it was a bush tv, not a valve one though !
mooney3019
12 years ago
If I slam it add some fushs, rub the paint down will it make it more sellable?

not like im taking the pee on the price, its well below its agreed value, but i will be dammed if im gonna gove it away!!!
beefykeefy
12 years ago

If I slam it add some fushs, rub the paint down will it make it more sellable?

not like im taking the pee on the price, its well below its agreed value, but i will be dammed if im gonna gove it away!!!

mooney3019 wrote:

Ironically, that's probably not far from the truth. Stock seems to be lost on a great many people :roll:

Great car for the money IMO.
69project
12 years ago
i think the market has gone flat at the moment,ive had lots of cars in the past couple of years and have always found a new home for them quite easily

at the moment i cannot also like you give my ragtop away,also like you im only selling as the deposit for house is now needed and i spent way to much on resto as this was meant to be a keeper for a few years so im determined that i wont give it away even though its costs me much more

only cheap stuff is selling,dont stress though :cry:
Car less.....
mooney3019
12 years ago
I know ! not stressed just got that mindset to sell it, and getting stupid emails does my nut in, like "when was it restored?" "will you take £5000 cash" etc etc

I possibly have someone flying over from Tenerife this weekend and would have prefered it to stay in the uk.

Thought yours would have gone by now!, I was thinking Cupra might like another to keep his company.
69project
12 years ago
likewise,it was not my intention(for once!)to sell this one but baby and living in a sardine can has made me have a reality check...well ive been promised that i can have the earlybay i want once we have our new mortgage!

ive been offered motorbikes and allsorts!

best one yet was on ebay with guy saying that as car was lhd and not suitable for uk that i should let him have it cheap(2500!!!) as it was an inconvenience...

im ok with it being outside,wife will beg to differ if its still there at end of summer! 😛
Car less.....
cupa65
12 years ago
Would have loved to add it to my collection. Its 50's next to go along with my 60's and 70's beetles.
Ps it didn't score enough points for my liking.
Pps You'll regret it! :idea:
mooney3019
12 years ago
I know I know points make prizes! The thing is I didnt go squealing to the judges on the day get the result changed like some people:p
cupa65
12 years ago
On the face of it there a good few beetles of all ages for sale. In reality however when you look at them most are in need of loads of work.