rob66
  • rob66
  • Newbie Topic Starter
12 years ago
HI I am in the middle of restoring a 1950 Split beetle and have fallen out with the restorer that I have been using. Can anyone recommend a restorer to complete the project. Currently I have a running Floor plan that is almost finished and have a body shell that has been soda blasted and is now in primer. There is some welding need to the wings and doors etc the main shell is in Good condition.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated

Robert
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mooney3019
12 years ago
Midland Classic Restoration, 01905 622166 (based in Worcester)
beefykeefy
12 years ago
Terry's Beetles, in Hanwell West London.

Panel-Kraft in Arlesey, Bedfordshire.

Retro Custom in Baldock, Hertfordshire.
heb623
12 years ago
If yyou don't mind traveling to Belgium:cry: : Opa's place!:thumbup:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
vintagebug
12 years ago

If yyou don't mind traveling to Belgium:cry: : Opa's place!:thumbup:

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

X2!! You wouldn't regret it! :thumbup:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
69project
12 years ago
for an early car id maybe try someone recommended,that evil ben is producing some amazing cars from what ive seen in mags
Car less.....
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Worth giving Ricky Cox a call as he's not a million miles away...
07990 524054
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
48REME
12 years ago

Terry's Beetles, in Hanwell West London.

beefykeefy wrote:

Errr...I don't think so from all the disastrous impressions I've heard and the exorbitant costs for badly done work and the unpleasant attitude.

I would strongly recommend Dave Simpson at Simpson's Aircooled in Wickham Market, Suffolk.
Lovely guy, very professional and fair prices. I am very glad he repainted my car.
A bit difficult to get hold of because he's very busy but try calling him on 07725738646 and say that Nicolas with the green '59 Standard sent you. He also has a website:
https://www.simpsonsvw.co.uk/ 
Especially if you're in Hornchurch (near Upminster, I presume?), it's up the A12, right after Ipswich.
Robb
12 years ago

Errr...I don't think so from all the disastrous impressions I've heard and the exorbitant costs for badly done work and the unpleasant attitude.

48REME wrote:

after redoing some of the work on my 67, i certainly wouldnt use them.

Gavin Jones @ Trailer Queen Resto's (He used to live in hornchurch too)

or

Ben Lewis @ Evil Bens

Both in cornwall, but i didnt regret taking my car to them from the midlands.

:thumbup:
12 years ago

Thanks Robb ;)

I've pm'd you Rob and am in hornchurch in 2 weeks if you want to chat!!
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
Robb
12 years ago
no probs, anytime Gav,

super pleased with the work on my 67 :thumbup:
Old Blue
12 years ago

48REME wrote:

Old Blue our 1968 used to have work done on it some years back when I was nearer to Terry's Beetle Services. I found them reasonable. And didn't they rebuild Rattletrap and look after it for Tony Levy?
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
12 years ago

no probs, anytime Gav,

super pleased with the work on my 67 :thumbup:

Robb wrote:

:wink: Looks real nice Robb, cant wait to see it in the flesh.
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
beefykeefy
12 years ago

I would strongly recommend Dave Simpson at Simpson's Aircooled in Wickham Market, Suffolk.
Lovely guy, very professional and fair prices. I am very glad he repainted my car.
A bit difficult to get hold of because he's very busy but try calling him on 07725738646 and say that Nicolas with the green '59 Standard sent you. He also has a website:
https://www.simpsonsvw.co.uk/ 
Especially if you're in Hornchurch (near Upminster, I presume?), it's up the A12, right after Ipswich.

48REME wrote:

I've found Terry's to be friendly, and costs reasonable.