Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
So back to the same question. Does anyone know if ther are any heater channels available for '54 Ovals ? My spy on the ground tells me there are a few people about to release them, but does anyone know when ?
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
12 years ago
None as of yet. I cant think who was about to start, heard it so many times. I think it was Gerson, so you can guarantee they will be good, but not quite perfect. Poke about on The Samba, it's where he lives.

Hope SDV 90 makes it onto the road this decade. :thumbup:
William
vintagebug
12 years ago

Hope SDV 90 makes it onto the road this decade. :thumbup:

54 Gertie wrote:

Yeah, come on Chris- get your finger out! I want to see the old car on the road! :beer:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Chris
  • Chris
12 years ago

None as of yet. I cant think who was about to start, heard it so many times. I think it was Gerson, so you can guarantee they will be good, but not quite perfect. Poke about on The Samba, it's where he lives.

54 Gertie wrote:

Will venture over there this evening.

Yeah, come on Chris- get your finger out! I want to see the old car on the road! :beer:

vintagebug wrote:

Was hoping to drive it to Lavenham, but that's not going to happen as it's not due into the body shop til the end of the year 😞 So it should be Hessich in 2013 if not before. About time I gave the 'old man' a lift in my car for a change :d
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Caledfryn
12 years ago

Will venture over there this evening.

Was hoping to drive it to Lavenham, but that's not going to happen as it's not due into the body shop til the end of the year 😞 So it should be Hessich in 2013 if not before. About time I gave the 'old man' a lift in my car for a change :d

Chris wrote:

Got any old 'before' pics of it Chris?
54 Gertie
12 years ago

Got any old 'before' pics of it Chris?

Caledfryn wrote:

A photo of it many years ago that I came across in a magazine.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Real shame it wont be on the road 'soon', two SDV's together would have made a nice photograph but 551 will be off the road and mid restoration by the time this is finished it seems. Still, hopefully wont take that long.
William
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Chris,

Remind me- when did you buy SDV 90? In either 1998 or 1999, I'm sure I spoke to somebody in the Liverpool :wink: area about this car. Was that you, was it a previous owner or am I just imagining things again?

Cheers,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagebug
12 years ago

Chris,

Remind me- when did you buy SDV 90? In either 1998 or 1999, I'm sure I spoke to somebody in the Liverpool :wink: area about this car. Was that you, was it a previous owner or am I just imagining things again?

Cheers,
Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Yes, I think he probably did buy it around then, maybe even earlier- is that right Chris? I can tell you Rich, you didn't speak to the previous owner to Chris about it :wink:

Dave
54 Gertie
12 years ago

Chris,

Cheers,
Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

At the classic parts centre in WOB a guy (Scottish accent from memory) came up to me and asked if I knew about an oval with the reg SDV 90, as it was once owned by a friend of his (I was standing next to SDV 551...). He said his friend sold it some years ago, or something along those lines. I forget, I think I've already posted this on the forum a little while ago when my memory was more fresh.

Just interesting, seems people are checking up on the car. :lol:
William
GKL 7
12 years ago

About time I gave the 'old man' a lift in my car for a change :d

Chris wrote:

If you're refering to me.....Knowing who will have assembled it:omg: i would prefare to take a bus.Thankyou.
Chris
  • Chris
12 years ago

Chris,

Cheers,
Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Ok, so a bit of the car's history.

From 30-08-1980 Owned by a Stephen Franck Hodsman from Wotton-under-Edge

From 31-01-1981 Owned by a Stephen Paul Lamont from Crosby, Liverpool

From 20-07-1987 Owned by a Clwyd Smallwood of Corwen, North Wales

From 30-10-1993 Owned by 'Vintagebug' of North Wales / Glasgow

From 01-04-1999 Owned by me :d

On the V5 I have, it states that it's had 6 keepers since January 1978

Tha last MOT certificate I have is dated 05-06-1986 to 04-06-1987

Whether it's been on the road since then I don't know. I'm not sure whether it was on the road when Clwyd owned it, maybe Dave can answer that. I do know that it has not been on the road since Dave bought it from him, as Dave took it off the road to start it's restoration. Dave sold the vehicle to me as he got offered a lovely 1951 crotch cooler split from George.

Just goes to show that most cars don't get advertised in this hobby, it's who you know :wink:

Anyway, to answer Rich's question. The first time I ever met Rich was at the Volkswagen show at Sandown Park the year George showed his 1950 Kab. Not sure of the year, but I know George will know. But definitely was not around 1999 😞

BTW, If anyone knows of any of the previous owners, I'd be interested in their current address to obtain any further information they may have.

I have also had a lot of help from Mike Johnson of the Vistoric VW club, with a little history and also some pictures. One of interest to a few people on here shows what looks like my oval with different number plates. The registration number being KET691 :omg: However, I don't know if this is the same oval as I have now. And if someone has told me, then I've forgotten as it was that long ago :roll:
GKL 7
12 years ago
Not the same Oval Chris,KET 691,the plate now on Ianmac's '51 was previously on an Oval in Sheffield owned by Richard Saynor.The '51 had a non age related plate so Richard transferred the plate from Oval to Split(he owned both cars).
KET is a Sheffield released number.
65deluxe
12 years ago
Just to update this question - I emailed Gerson last night and his channels should be ready in 60 days - no pictures as yet but he will ship straight to UK -I also asked about pans and they Work out cheeper than if you got them here .

Im guessing you dont have to wait for a container as they would be boxed and sent over that way so will be quicker than using Heritage or Chris as well .

Please check out 65 deluxe on Facebook to see all my work in one place
vintagebug
12 years ago

Not the same Oval Chris,KET 691,the plate now on Ianmac's '51 was previously on an Oval in Sheffield owned by Richard Saynor.The '51 had a non age related plate so Richard transferred the plate from Oval to Split(he owned both cars).
KET is a Sheffield released number.

GKL 7 wrote:

Didn't take you long to change your Username George... :wink:

:d

Dave
Chris
  • Chris
12 years ago

Just to update this question - I emailed Gerson last night and his channels should be ready in 60 days - no pictures as yet but he will ship straight to UK -I also asked about pans and they Work out cheeper than if you got them here .

Im guessing you dont have to wait for a container as they would be boxed and sent over that way so will be quicker than using Heritage or Chris as well .

65deluxe wrote:

Great news :thumbup:

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Gerson so I can try and get my name on any list he may have of interested parties ? (Just incase he only does a limited run to start with :unsure: )

GKL 7
12 years ago
You can contact him thru' his website Chris.:wink:

https://www.klassicfab.com/ 

Or there is a european distributor at

https://www.vwsplitparts.com/ 
vintagebug
12 years ago

Here you are Chris:-

[email protected]

Straight from The Samba after a 5 second search... :wink:

I owe you an email Chris, I'll get to it sometime soon!! :beer:

Dave
GKL 7
12 years ago
Chris you need to buy yourself a Porsche,faster than those Orange things:p

https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34926 
Chris
  • Chris
12 years ago

Chris you need to buy yourself a Porsche,faster than those Orange things:p

https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34926 

GKL 7 wrote:

The future's bright, the future's Orange :thumbup:

UserPostedImage