zelensis61
12 years ago
A Family reunion! :drool:
Herr Klaus Hebmüllers new VW-Hebmüller 14-00164 is back home in Germany! A really nice car in really good hands 😉 Congratulations to the new owners!

While talking in Bad Camberg to Klaus Hebmüller and his wife together with Claus Missing the last one mentioned a "probably for sale heb" in Austria Vienna.
I knew only one heb in the Vienna region so the name of the seller was found but we were not able to get the man on the phone.
We exchanged the phone nrs and we walked away, promissing we whould get in touch ASAP if we knew something.

I went to the other side of the field to see another Heb owner and I greeted him, while he was talking to another man. I remembered the face but could not stick a name on it and the Hebowner introduced me to.....The Vienna Heb Owner:d . ( it was since 99 that I spoke to him in Bad Camberg)

Within seconds I pulled the man away from the scene and talked to him privatly to ask if his heb was for sale and I knew a potentional Hebmüller owner with the same name...
He agreed to walk with me and I parked the man with yet another Heb owner inside the tent. Then I went to find Mr Hebmuller again. He was supprised that I dragged him to the tent only telling that I want to introduce him to someone and brought the 2 together...I walked away only saying : You 2 should talk with eachother. Have a nice day. I did not talked to them afterwards.

Claus was in close contact with Mr Hebmüller the folowing week and heard that a private visit to Vienna was executed to see the car. Price was negociated and the deal was done. The car is now in Germany at home...

I am proud to say I found the Austrian owner within 10 minutes at the field in Bad Camberg after I spoke to mr Klaus Hebmüller.Within a week, the deal was done in all confidence, without any advertisement. Job done. What dit Claus and I win: respect

Afterwards, I send a mail to the first hebowner on wich I pulled the seller away to appologise me doing this.

I do not know how much this car was sold. It is a private thing and I am not interested in.

Sorry for all other people who asked me before if a Heb was for sale. But out of the persone who asked me this, Klaus Hebmüller was the first one who asked long time ago.

So who's next? :omg:

db_IMG_14551.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  271108_1738159228328_1669076928_1244682_5031781_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago
Very cool story! I know Klaus Hebmüller has been looking to buy a VW Heb for some time, so fantastic that he has finally found the right one!!

:beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
brille52
12 years ago
WoW !
Another HAPPY END !!
Well done, Peter !
Now you really can enjoy some extra glas of Mosel - wine !! Cheers !! :thumbup:

a
karmann1952
12 years ago
Yesterday I checked out the new "Heb Heb" with Klaus H. It is in a very nice condition. The car was restored in 1998 in Austria. There are not many things to do on the car. Just some adjustments on the side windows, a service and some polishing. Klaus H. bought also a restored Becker Monza radio and a full original Hazet tool box from the old owner. The car has still its chromed roof snaps and chromed handles. I have never seen orig. roof snaps before. Also the interieur mirror is original. The roof is perfect. The car came with 15" wheels and tires. So, if anybody has some 16" wheels for sale...just let me know. I will drive a nice rally here in Neuss in September with Klaus and my Heb. Let´s see who is faster :wink:

Cheers
Claus
- 1950 VW Hebmüller
- 1951 Split sedan Export
- 1952 Karmann Kabriolett
- 1952 T1 barndoor transporter
- 1963 1200 Export Judson
- 1964 T1 Westfalia SO-34 Flipseat
- 1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
- 1966 T1 Westfalia SO-44 Dormobile

visit my homepage:
www.karmann1952.com
www.hebmuller-registry.com
www.kabriolett-registry.com
RockStock
12 years ago
very cool to hear the Hebmüllers have wanted & been able to buy one of their cars back
good effort Peter

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Claus, can you tell us who is in this pic, left>right?
UserPostedImage

StockRocks
ste VW agen
12 years ago
R*E*S*P*E*K*T :thumbup: To you BOTH Peter & Claus!

E*I*N :beer: P*R*O*S*I*T :beer: to Familie Hebmuller !!

Determination leads to Victory ......... yet again! This story deserves a FEATURE in ALL the classic VW mags!!

Peter, can you please post up any pic you might have of young Klaus Hebmuller next to a Heb or two "in the day?"

P.S. Rob, how can I get a German Umlaut to appear on the screen?

ste VW e

I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
zelensis61
12 years ago

very cool to hear the Hebmüllers have wanted & been able to buy one of their cars back
good effort Peter

Claus, can you tell us who is in this pic, left>right?
UserPostedImage

RockStock wrote:

Claus is on vacation....so I 'll try to fill in:
Left : German guy. Not know who
second: German guy; Sebastian Loll
third...funny guy with blue jacket and cap. Some Hebmuller nut with a Zelensis from 61:rofl: .
center with dark blue jack...The one on vacation:p .
Lady : Mrs Klaus Hebmüller
Man with white jack and green umbrella/ Mr Klaus Hebmüller the new owner of heb164
right guy: Phillip. My friend and photographer at BC..as I had to much on my mind with all those Hebs, Hebowners, buyers and sellers :drool: read :beer: :beer: :arrow: :beer: .  db_IMG_15891.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  db_IMG_15881.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  db_IMG_15681.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  db_IMG_14951.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  db_IMG_14891.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  db_IMG_15711.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
12 years ago

good effort Peter

UserPostedImage

RockStock wrote:

Actualy, on this pict, Claus was trying to phone the Owner in Vienna. At that point , we were not aware he was on the field.
It was so crazy to actualy find him within 10 minutes.
Thanks for sharing them Rockstock.

Below you find a pict of the car as it stands in Vienna a few summers ago.
Greetings. Peter.  L1010769.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pp
  • pp
12 years ago
This kind of stories are great! Bad Camberg is such an amazing event for those who have a heart for Vintage VW's. Just for a few days, this tiny town in Germany was the very center of the VW community 8)

www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
oval56
12 years ago
cool story... glad to hear that.

i was also really impressed as Mr. Hebüller came by and the first words have been: hello Mr. Hendl, nice car you have, let me introduce me, my name is Klaus Hebmüller.. :shock: .... okay, i was a little bit offset at the moment, so we had not a really long conversation sadly.... :d
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
karmann1952
12 years ago

cool story... glad to hear that.

i was also really impressed as Mr. Hebüller came by and the first words have been: hello Mr. Hendl, nice car you have, let me introduce me, my name is Klaus Hebmüller.. :shock: .... okay, i was a little bit offset at the moment, so we had not a really long conversation sadly.... :d

oval56 wrote:

I thing he told you that your car is to deep! 😛
Today his Heb drove with my number plates to the TÜV. He made it! :thumbup:
- 1950 VW Hebmüller

visit my homepage:
www.karmann1952.com
austria
12 years ago

It was clear!

German TÜV is no problem for a car from Austria! 😛 :rofl: :thumbup:
pre67vw
12 years ago

Today his Heb drove with my number plates to the TÜV.

karmann1952 wrote:

Is that legal in Germany?
 real_hebmuller.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago

Is that legal in Germany?

pre67vw wrote:

Think Klaus must have a special plate Rob,sort of transferable for collectors.
Because his Heb at BC had the plate usually on his Karmann.
usariemen
12 years ago
Or Claus is just a ruthless and part time criminal guy. :wink:
Master of my domaine.
vintagebug
12 years ago

Or Claus is just a ruthless and part time criminal guy. :wink:

usariemen wrote:

I think so because I'm sure he's had the same plate on his splitscreen camper as well... :smile:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
ste VW agen
12 years ago
For comparison's sake, It would be nice to see on this thread any pix of Klaus Hebmuller "in the day" next to any Heb - product? :idea:

I just remember the one where he's standing in shorts next to the Hard -top coupe? Any others out there?

ste VW e
I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
karmann1952
12 years ago
I have a "07" collection number registered for only my cars. Klaus`s Heb had to go to the TÜV on wednesday. You can only register your new car for a numberplate when the car has Tüv. I gave him my 07 number, which I use on all cars (only the Dormobile has its own numberplate) and also my Hebmüller papers. The german police don´t want to see this, but they always say OK...drive 😎

Klaus comes tomorrow with his new Heb to a garage next to my shop. He told me today that he has problems with the engine and the electric. The carburator has to be cleaned in my ultrasonic bath. When he turns the semaphore switch to the right, the fuse under the speedo burns out. I think his right semaphore coil has a problem. I have the same shit at my Heb on the right semaphore. Seems to be a Hebmüller problem.

The garage makes also a service (Oil, break fluid, valves) and they remove the fog lights from the front. Looks much more sexy...:drool:

- 1950 VW Hebmüller

visit my homepage:
www.karmann1952.com